President Trump Optimism thread

We sailed past that station a long time ago.

Every campaign trail stop would open with the Edgar Winter classic performed live by the SNL band!

Story about Trump fan who went to 45 of his rallies, Trump fan no more:

Too bad about the guy’s son. I don’t usually feel too bad for the Trumpgret-sters, but I guess if you really for some reason believed him that he wanted to implement universal health care…

No sympathy here for anyone who believed Trump was going to implement universal healthcare since he never even implied he would. That would be the other old guy.

He did, but it was so half-assed I can’t imagine anyone believing him.
Then again, you could say the same about most of his “promises”.

Trumplethinskin at it again:

That’s so fucking juevenille. And I’m not talking about the 17yo.

Fuck him in the ear! Fuck him in the other ear!

Second only to his penis/wall, providing a “better” alternative to Obamacare was absolutely something that Trump talked about at his rallies with great frequency, not to mention several very prominent interviews.

You can absolutely criticize people for believing an obvious huckster about this stuff. But unlike several traditionally-conservative subjects (abortion, balancing the budget, gun rights) that he gave superficial lip-service to, he very obviously despises Obama and absolutely said again and again that he’d replace Obamacare with something “better”.

He was still an obvious con-man whose mendacity makes used car salesmen look like pillars of honesty, and was openly courting racists. Also transparently, epically unqualified. No sympathy. Fuck 'em in the ear!

Every president before Trump was more honest and understood the role better, so these rules has not been necessary until now.

I feel bad for this guy, he lost his son to heroin addiction and he supported Trump because Trump specifically addressed that on his campaign trail, saying multiple times that his new replacement for Obamacare would contain initiatives to get people off drugs and address the issues behind the addiction problem in this country. That is a promise that drowns out any misgivings you might have when you’re still grieving for the loss of a child. I don’t blame this guy for voting Trump, and I am both happy that he is intelligent enough to realize he’s been fooled and sad because he won’t see others get the help he so desperately wanted them to get in memory of his son. Fuck Trump and the GOP.

I think there are more and more people like this guy out there right now. More and more people waking up to the realization that the promise of a better and cheaper healthcare system was an empty one, that the promise to address the addiction problem in America was an empty one, that the promise to help the rural population in coal country and the rust belt was an empty one, that the promise to reform Education to give more opportunity to low income and inner-city children was an empty one, and so many more. Sure, we can sit back and say “those were so obviously bullshit talking points Trump had neither the intelligence or the desire to make happen”, but we’re not people who are personally effected by these situations, and when it’s personal for you anything that gives you hope is something you cling to. I don’t blame these people, they did what they thought would help them, and they were lied to.

To the people that chanted “Lock her up”, to the people that supported banning all Muslims from entering the country, to the people that wanted to round up and deport all the Latinos, illegal or otherwise, to the people that were pushing their own “white agenda”, to the people that just wanted to see Washington burn, to the people that simply hated Hillary/Obama/Liberals so much they couldn’t bear to vote for anyone else…to those people I say “Fuck you in your ear, fuck you in your other ear, and I hope that some program you or your family depends on is cut so that you directly feel the pain of your ignorant actions.”

Speaking of more an more Trumpsters turning, is there any data for how the Russian connections are affecting GOP and Trump faithful?

Probably about the same impact as Deflategate had on Patriots fans, which is about the level that many people view politics these days.

Who the fuck cares as long as your team wins? Stop being a sore loser bro.

I mean, we literally elected Harold Hill, and the “billiard parlors” were immigrants and refugees.

I have not yet found convincing evidence there’s any real difference here.

A vote for Trump was a vote for all of this. It was impossible to exist without realizing this. Everyone who decided to believe the lying huckster would help them out of whatever shitty situation they had had to decide to take their hail mary pass at the expense of everyone else but the ultra-rich.

Or, more to the point, I was in an extremely dangerous, scary, stressful, soul-devouring financial-medical situation for the better part of two years, and somehow, I found it within myself to not vote like a goddamned Nazi, and I’m a shitty person, politically. Zero sympathy for anyone who couldn’t manage to vote for Not-Hitler last time around.

He spoke a few words about healthcare while providing no specifics which basically meant people just believed what they wanted to believe… made up in their head what he was going to do. Promising to replace Obamacare does not equate to universal healthcare. This man could have promised unicorns for everyone and his supporters would believe him despite the fact there are no unicorns to give anyone.

This guy went to how many rallies and you don’t think he also said lock her up? 45… I think the chances of him yelling lock her up with the crowd was probably pretty high.

Healthcare issues also affect everyone… we’re all personally affected by it whether we know it or not.

Ahem. “Pool hall”.

Why sure I’m a billiard player,
Mighty proud to say it.
I consider the hours I spent
With a cue in my hand were golden.
Help you cultivate horse sense
And a cool head and a keen eye.

Heh, I love that show. And the movie version thereof with Robert Preston and Shirley Jones. So many great songs.

Young me loved Shirley Jones because of that movie. :)