President Trump Optimism thread

That notice is gone from the site now, and all of Bowen’s articles have been scrubbed. Apparently, Mr. Bowen had more influential friends than the Arab News thought.

Real optimism:

Bannon is off the National Security Council

I hate to say that although I want to be optimistic about this move, it makes me nervous. Bannon was the guy advising Trump. This means he’s no longer the guy. But… who is it now?

Interesting. I wonder what’s going on here? The internal politics of the White House must be insane.

Hopefully, it’s McMaster putting his foot down. Especially if it’s true that Bannon wouldn’t let him fire an underling on the council.

Almost certainly a purge from Kushner’s camp.

The white house’s internal politics are like that recorded footage they recover from the Event Horizon.
(Be advised, this is a scene from a horror movie)

“We are leaving.

Sorry, one of my favorite single lines from any movie.

Gah, reminds me why I have ONLY EVER WATCHED THAT MOVIE ONCE AND NO MORE.

It is a positive sign that the Intelligence Director and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs are now officially back on the council. McMaster, like Mattis, is one of few Trump Administration appointees that I have any faith in to keep things at least status quo within their area of control. I find it telling that despite being named to the council from the start, the article says Bannon never attended a single meeting. Of course, there may have only been like two meetings since the inauguration given how completely off script the administration has been thus far.

Has there ever been a worse “peaceful transition of power” in the history of the country? Or hell, the world for that matter?

If you’re a betting man, put your money on Bormann.

GREAT MOVIE! Watch it again!

Apparently there was a lot of extra footage from the ‘other side’ but it was cut due to what some would consider ‘disturbing nature’.

NO! Once is enough. Skin is crawling just talking about it.

I saw Event Horizon with two friends. When it ended, one of them stood up and announced, “I think we just got fucked.”

Not in a good way.

As in he thought it was bad (Like The Brothers Grim or The New World), or just that you guys didn’t like it / thought it was scary? imo it is a great sci-fi, just like Equilibrium (also underappreciated, apparently) :)
Wish there was an extended edition of either.

So: Bannon is finished optimizing national security. Wonder what is next.

I saw it in the theater when it opened, and found it not bad.
I then watched it again at a later date, and could not believe that I had not thought it was totally terrible. Because it is pretty terrible.

Equilibrium was great except for the big uprising scene at the end where the filmmakers had obviously run out of money, because it was basically 4 or 5 extras running into a building holding some kind of flag–serious business!

Oops

Pretty good piece on the ‘Triumph of Bullshit.’