President Trump Optimism thread

Hey, I’d give the guy a fair shake, I’m just saying jumping in with a presidential bid is suspiciously self-serving. If he starts (relatively) small, even in the House or Senate and shows he’s willing to put in the work, that he will put his money where his mouth is so to speak, that would go a long way.

For me personally, I’m still most disgusted by how nakedly Trump’s efforts have existed purely to serve his own interests. He has never said or done a single damn thing to indicate he cares for anyone else, not even his family. Even if he were not an emotionally infantile narcissistic liar, he’d still be unfit for office. We’ve replaced Kennedy’s call to service with a Trumpian call to fill your wallet.

I think the key difference between the Rock and Trump, is that I get the impression that Johnson is not a fucking terrible person. He actually cares about human beings other than himself.

I’m going to need to see some proof.

Right now we have a clueless crooked and bigoted old man.

I think trading that for someone who is just clueless is an upgrade.

Call me crazy, I’d like to aim a little higher.

Well, 2016 happened, and I don’t even know where the fucking target is at anymore, I don’t even have time to think about aiming.

On any Republican congressperson in a district that is less than +10R.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d like someone who is actually qualified to hold office.

But it’s worth noting that our current president is so horrific, that I am willing to accept someone with no qualifications at all, simply on the basis of “this guy seems like significantly less of a dickhead.”

I wouldn’t be afraid that the Rock would literally destroy our nation. That’s not where the target is, but it’s the depths to which the bar has been lowered, such that I would find hitting that minimal level to be an immense relief.

Rock/Cena 2020.

Let’s do this.

You can just see Fox News trying to turn Cena heel. It just won’t work, it will never work.

From what I understand, The Rock’s a pretty generous, friendly, upbeat guy who goes out of his way to use his money and fame for public good, to look out for his family, and who really loves helping kids. Most people confirm he’s super swell in person, moreover.

e.g., http://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/2016/08/25/so-long-bad-boys-why-nice-guys-like-dwayne-johnson-are-winning-i/, https://moviepilot.com/posts/3558838, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwayne_Johnson#Activism_and_charity_work

I’m not at all saying he’s qualified to be president, but he gives off all appearances of being an actually decent human being who wants to make the world a better place while also being super ridiculously buff

A better way of putting it that I’ve heard – I would gladly trade a random American citizen for Trump as President.

Yes, odds are it would be an improvement.

I’ll take The Rock. A big part of being President is being the face of the nation. The Rock has the charisma to do that. He’s also clearly intelligent. If he surrounds himself with capable experts, he would be fine.

Unfortunately, the usual suspects would immediately take a dislike to him for being too, umm, dusky.

We had a chocolate president, surely we can have a muscular caramel president.

This is sounding like a better idea by the minute. . . mmmmmm

Promo for this Saturday’s SNL. I don’t watch it but I’m glad they’re doing this stuff.

His polling was already tanking. Gonna be interesting to see what Comey does.

Had to share this one, filed under “What shit will Trump say today?” Apparently, Trump believes he invented the phrase “priming the pump”.

If we’re going to have a Republican Wrestler as president- I’d prefer Bob Backlund over the Rock.