President Trump Optimism thread

Is this still the optimism thread?

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-arctic-summit-idUSKBN1870FT

Pence accidentally elbows a kid in the face, doesn’t realize it, kid then demands and gets an apology.

This kid is not scared of vampires.

It made me laugh, so that’s optimistic right?

No wonder he insists on having his wife with him in mixed company!

In case anyone missed the reference:

https://twitter.com/VP/status/863182608552906755

Oh, and there’s this:

https://twitter.com/papapishu/status/863408403900747777

(Cross-posting this in the “coming climate disaster” thread)

TheHill: Tillerson signs international declaration recognizing climate change

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson signed on Thursday a declaration acknowledging the threat posed by climate change to the Arctic and indicating the need for action to curb its impact on the region.

The move appears at odds with the Trump administration’s broad skepticism of climate change and comes at a time when President Trump is weighing a potential withdrawal from the Paris Agreement on fighting its effects.

Tillerson signed the Fairbanks Declaration in Fairbanks, Alaska at a meeting of the Arctic Council, a forum made up of indigenous groups and eight countries with territory bordering the Arctic Circle.

“In the United States, we are currently reviewing several important policies, including how the Trump administration will approach the issue of climate change,” Tillerson said at the meeting.

Via the U.S. Bureau of Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs: Fairbanks Declaration 2017: On the Occasion of the Tenth Ministerial Meeting of the Arctic Council (PDF)

This is a Daily Caller link, so proceed at your own risk.
But sorry guys, Ann Coulter is not happy (bold indicates interviewer question, emphasis mine):

So there’s no wall, and Obama’s amnesties look like they are here to stay. Do you still trust Trump?

Uhhhh. I’m not very happy with what has happened so far. I guess we have to try to push him to keep his promises. But this isn’t North Korea, and if he doesn’t keep his promises I’m out. This is why we voted for him. I think everyone who voted for him knew his personality was grotesque, it was the issues.

I hate to say it, but I agree with every line in my friend Frank Bruni’s op-ed in The New York Times today. Where is the great negotiation? Where is the bull in the china shop we wanted? That budget the Republicans pushed through was like a practical joke… Did we win anything? And this is the great negotiator?

You said during the election and in columns that if there is no wall it’s the end of America.

Trump was our last shot. I kind of thought it was Romney, and then lo and behold like a miracle Trump comes along. I still believe in Trumpism. I have no regrets for ferociously supporting him. What choice did we have?

If Trump was the last shot to see her idea of America saved, I’m happy to watch it burn to the ground.

If some methane-breathing, silicon-based life form stepped out of a glowing saucer right in front of me, I am certain it would not express a point of view more alien to me than hers.

I’m struggling to imagine the political problem to which Romney and Trump are both plausibly the last hope at a solution. And, frankly, the only thing that comes to mind is “Democrats”.

I’m sure keeping America white is a big part.

I’m optimistic people are going to start getting arrested this week.

No one of any consequence is going to be arrested.

Start with the small ones and apply pressure to get then squeal on the big ones according to the IC twiterverse. We’ll see.

The RICO thing seems to be getting more traction online. I wonder if it’s just being meme’d into existence by hopeful people.

I sometimes think that was how the Trump presidency happened, so…

You aren’t wrong. I blame the memedia and sheer ignorance/stupidity.

Trump can’t possibly be this stupid can he? https://gizmodo.com/trumps-staff-literally-gives-him-fake-news-thats-printe-1795216961