President Trump Optimism thread

Trump won’t read that, his name only appears once.

And yes, I chose this thread on purpose…

It would be amazing to see the Google history from Trump and others in his administration.

I’m sure there’s a shitty Trump_Googling twitter account out there somewhere.

Ted Lieu is my Congressman and I like him, but IMO he doesn’t need to get cute. There are enough late night comedians pulling that duty.

Remember when Dan Rather posted this 6 days ago?

LOL

Lol, I looked at the link and thought “wasn’t that last week?”

Hate to say it, but that’s bullshit. He’s saying this is worse than 9/11? Worse than teetering near a great depression in 2008? Worse than Kennedy being assassinated, etc.? He’s going back to 1931 which will include WW2, the Korean War, the Cuban Missile Crisis, Viet Nam, etc. So…really? And I write this as someone who voted for Hillary.

Yes, it’s crazy, but it’s Trump, so of course it’s crazy!

Dunno which thread this belongs in. Official first foreign trip roster

• Melania Trump – first lady
  • Reince Priebus – White House chief of staff
  • Stephen Miller – senior policy adviser
  • Jared Kushner – senior adviser, foreign policy point man and Trump’s son-in-law
  • Steve Bannon – chief White House strategist
  • Ivanka Trump – adviser to the President and Trump’s daughter
  • H.R. McMaster – national security adviser
  • Sean Spicer – White House press secretary
  • Sarah Huckabee Sanders – deputy press secretary
  • Michael Anton – National Security Council spokesman
  • Hope Hicks – White House director of strategic communications
  • Gary Cohn – National Economic Council director
  • Dina Powell – deputy national security adviser
  • Josh Raffel – communications adviser

Turns out, according to Maddow, they were not all on AFO today. Some are flying over later (tomorrow I think).

Pence and Kellyanne stay behind and hold the fort.

(via imgur)

/r The_Donald needs a safe space.

And nothing of value was lost.

… Did you read anything beyond the first sentence?

I have lived through nearly 4,500 weeks in my life, and I have never seen a week like the one we just had.

I have seen weeks of far greater darkness, of war, and death, and economic despair. I have seen weeks of more confusion and uncertainty. But I have never seen a week where a president of our nation has behaved with such a cavalier disregard for the norms and institutions of our democracy.

… And when it comes to that specifically, I gotta agree. Nixon looks like a model of probity compared to Trump.

Maybe they’re all planning on going into exile together? Perhaps the plane will redirect to a country that doesn’t have an extradition agreement with the US.

I’m optimistic Air Force One could crash with him in it.

I started to react the same way but the next two sentence does clarify it.

I have lived through nearly 4,500 weeks in my life, and I have never seen a week like the one we just had.
I have seen weeks of far greater darkness, of war, and death, and economic despair. I have seen weeks of more confusion and uncertainty. But I have never seen a week where a president of our nation has behaved with such a cavalier disregard for the norms and institutions of our democracy

This is definitely the craziest I’ve seen a President act. I was in Washington DC the week Nixon resigned and while it was an extraordinary event (literally the only time a President resigned the presidency) Nixon wasn’t acting as crazy as Trump has been.

^

It’s that normal?

I am not here to tell you what to think to yourself, but you are a fool and bit of a monster to say such a thing.

T_D going subscribers only is a sign of The Great Mattering, things are starting to matter.