President Trump Optimism thread

‘Fall internship’ is very appropriate.

https://twitter.com/MaxTemkin/status/865831581931286528

My spies tell me is rude in afganistan, iran and some parts of italia. not in arabia.

Haha. There is literally a tweet for everything.

I was going to say all the little Bannon and Miller wannabes over at /pol are polishing their their resumes but then I realized most of them have never left the basement.

No Orange Sphincter love from anyone?

So it isn’t breaking news, but that bit from Bill Maher last night was great:

Well don’t forget that Roosevelt packed the Supreme Court with extra judges to get a court favorable to his plans. That was pretty outrageous.

Uh, he tried but failed to pack the court.

I don’t disagree that the idea is pretty outrageous.

i know, right? no one wants pence to be president. air force two would have to combust too.

You know, I was sitting there, watching Maher, waiting for it to get funny.

Then it did.

The Saudis definitely read the article on how to work Trump.

Flattery and shiny objects will get anywhere with Trump

You know how everyone was freaking out that Trump still had 82% approval among Republicans? Well according to pollster types, it turns out, a) that’s actually low, and 2) it looks like it might be falling further.

A new Reuters/IPSOS tracking poll, released Friday afternoon, showed the president with a job approval rating of 75 percent among Republicans.

Political professionals generally view it as worrying for any commander-in-chief if his approval ratings with his own party dip below 85 percent — and downright alarming if they go below 80 percent…

Trump’s base is already showing more signs of erosion than was the case with his predecessor, President Obama. In four major polls taken in May of Obama’s first year in office — 2009 — his approval rating among Democrats was pegged at between 88 and 93 percent. Trump lags that performance by about 10 points in the most recent surveys.

Gallup poll has held steady or decreased for 9-10 days in a row.

Subject: Travel Report #24

Around 10 p.m., POTUS was wheeled into the atrium where the men-only Toby Keith concert was playing on the large screen. He was riding in a large-sized golf cart with a roof, seated next to the King, and took a long stare at the concert screen as he drove by. FLOTUS was riding on the back of the golf cart. Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner were in a second golf cart that followed Ivanka in the front seat, Jared in the backseat. Both carts made their way across the atrium. Unclear where they went to after that.
-Annie Karni (@AnnieKarni), White House Reporter, POLITICO