President Trump Optimism thread

Anyone put it through a morse code filter?

And of course if this were the Obama White House, Fox et al. would be running with a tribal Kenyan voodoo dance story.

It’s pretty obvious that the NSA has a new plan to keep Trump from leaking classified intelligence.

You go Gavin.

Brown issued a statement:

https://www.gov.ca.gov/news.php?id=19817

SACRAMENTO - In response to President Donald Trump’s decision to withdraw from the Paris Climate Agreement, Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. issued the following statement today:

“Donald Trump has absolutely chosen the wrong course. He’s wrong on the facts. America’s economy is boosted by following the Paris Agreement. He’s wrong on the science. Totally wrong. California will resist this misguided and insane course of action. Trump is AWOL but California is on the field, ready for battle.”

Building on the global momentum to combat climate change and continuing California’s leading role in broadening collaboration amongst subnational leaders, Governor Brown will travel to China tomorrow to strengthen California’s long-standing climate, clean energy and economic ties with the nation. The Governor will also attend the 2017 United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP23) in Bonn, Germany to represent subnational jurisdictions that remain committed to climate action.

California, the sixth-largest economy in the world, has advanced its nation-leading climate goals while also growing the economy. In the last seven years, California has created 2.3 million new jobs - outpacing most of the United States - cut its unemployment rate in half, eliminated a $27 billion budget deficit and has seen its credit rating rise to the highest level in more than a decade.

Edit: More states/cities releasing similar statements: States Minnesota, New York, Hawaii, Montana, Rhode Island, Pennslyvania and cities Houston, Tampa. I think we’re going to need a map for this.

I’m a little leery of state executive leaders using language like “battle”, even for rhetorical effect.

I’m getting the feeling that the thread title needs to be updated.

We have many threads (accidentally, unfortunately) and I consider this one the “post funny trump things and laught”. That don’t need to change, Trump is still cause of hilarity, because is dumb. But not today, because climate change is a serious issue, a global catastrophe, and he is hurting this important issue.

Anyway with the money saves from this. Trump is going to give clear water to flint, universal healthcare and the feds will pay for kids university. /s

Just in case anyone had any doubt left in their minds about how horrible this entire goddamned family is, I present:

And while donors to the Eric Trump Foundation were told their money was going to help sick kids, more than $500,000 was re-donated to other charities, many of which were connected to Trump family members or interests, including at least four groups that subsequently paid to hold golf tournaments at Trump courses.

They were effectively washing donations to help for kids with cancer back into their own organization. I don’t even have words for how much I want them all to suffer.

It is basically like money laundering.

Sadly most of this was brought up during the campaign and had no effect.

I don’t doubt it, though I don’t remember hearing that particular bit. Sounds like it has been going on for years, though, so no surprise. And if I had to guess, the same idea was used elsewhere.

While I’m sure that Trump Sr. is responsible for most of the awfulness. I throw-up a little when I hear that Trump raised fine kids. Fine kids won’t stand for this shit. It is beyond the pale of basic decency.

IRRC, both the Post and NY Times had articles of the double dealing of the Trump Foundation and Eric’s foundation. The Post David Farenholt won the Pulitzer Prize

(satire)

Brownback gets his ass overridden.

FINALLY, this asshole gets some pushback.

And to think it only took five years and a second term for Brownback to get them to look around and notice that their state was rapidly becoming a third world shithole.

Wonder why?
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/872285061672038400