President Trump Optimism thread

The guy is raking in mountains of cash right now. He’s profiting, literally, to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars.

No one has ever turned the presidency into this kind of money making machine like Trump.

Honestly this is probably 90% of what Trump is doing. We think he’s doing X-Y-Z or planning A-B-C; he’s spending every waking moment thinking how he can have more vacations on Trump properties, more conferences at Trump hotels, anything and everything he can bill.

I got your Trump optimism right here -

https://news.vice.com/story/trump-folder-positive-news-white-house

Yes, I think he’d prefer to do something else, but his ego won’t let him at this point. If you can convince him he can leave office and it will be a triumph, he may decide to resign.

How would you do that? Offer him a bigger job than PotUS?

Hey wait a minute! I have a cunning plan … what if we created a bogus job, President of the Planet, and talked it up as being even more of a big deal than PotUS? Then he runs for that, we have a token election, and he gets to sit in some office tweeting all day while someone who knows what they’re doing can be president?

I like your plan! It’s just crazy enough to actually work! =)

As stated already in the thread, no matter how much Trump hates the Presidency or how low his approval ratings go, he’ll never resign because there is too much money involved. Not just the money from paying himself to take vacations on his properties, or charging the Secret Service to rent a property in Trump Tower so they can protect him (seriously, WTF?!), but even bigger money lies in the combination of people willing to pay Trump’s businesses for access to Trump and his children, and in the protections afforded his businesses because he’s the President. He’s making a mint from ruining the country…and a small subsection of people are still cheering him on while he’s doing it. So why would he stop?

Republicans are going to have to grow a fucking spine and start making scary noises about impeachment if there is any chance Trump goes away before 2020.

Actually, I was thinking we get NBC to offer him some insane contract to come back because Arnie is failing so badly, but he has to resign. Then on the first show, Arnie walks onstage and says “you’re fired”

Make Earth Great Again

As President Donald Trump spends much of August at his New Jersey golf club, Democratic lawmakers are making a new push for information about how much money the federal government is spending at his for-profit properties.

Democrats on the House Oversight Committee on Tuesday asked departments to hand over information about their Trump-related spending by Aug. 25.

This in addition to an ongoing CBO study

Well at least they got the Supreme Court.

It isn’t just that - the downside to resigning in shame (or worse, having all his misdeeds aired in public) could be disastrous for the finances of the whole family enterprise. The name itself is what he’s been selling for years.

Well Trump and his friends seem to like civil forfeiture so how about we just seize his assets and then worry about jail. Or even accusing him of a crime. I mean Trump Tower has been used for money laundering. If he was some poor 70-year-old schmuck in Indiana they’d have taken it years ago.

Worse case scenario: We destroy civil forfeiture.

Which, as worst cases go, is pretty damn great.

Right?!

Wins all the way down.

You could theoretically holds his assets in court for the rest of his miserable life, and force him to live like a pauper.

I seriously would like to see this happen.

We’ll go with that, but let’s do it soon.

I’ll refrain from offering my suggestions. Let’s just say that escape velocity is involved.

A movie remake of Air Force One where there’s an unhappy ending?

That’s a very good point. He’s kind of backed himself into a corner, as impeachment, resignation or even simply losing re-election could all be seen as detrimental to the Trump Brand, which is essentially how he makes his money.

The only winning scenario for him is to keep trudging along for another couple of years, then, sometime in early 2019, before the 2020 race really starts to heat up, his people start letting rumors of unexpected health issues “leak” out…followed a few months later by Trump regretfully “stepping down” to focus on his health while simultaneously proclaiming his 3 years in office were a huge win for America, and his only regret is that he can’t return for a second term. It gets him out of the White House (flush with 3 years of looting the national coffers) while keeping his brand intact.

He’d be the healthiest president to ever resign for health issues in history.

Everyone else kicks Don out the back and says’ GET OFF MY PLANE!"?