President Trump Optimism thread

Seriously, Congress is not going to start impeachment proceedings over stupid statements by Trump.

Where’s your optimism, guys?? ;)

Moreover, I don’t understand the comment. Is this supposed to be because the president is a nazi-sympathizer? Well, then the president needs to go. Bannon, Miller, and Gorky were already nazis. Nothing has changed there. They never should have been there in the first place… but directing outrage at their presence in the administration NOW, is a misdirect from the bigger issue, and doesn’t change anything the president did/didn’t say.

Painter hates Trump almost as much as Timex hates Trump. He never misses a chance to criticize Trump*.

*deservedly, obviously.

Empties pockets. Looks in closets. Checks under bed. Well, he hasn’t threatened to nuke N. Korea for a day or so. That’s all I got.

Because Richard Painter is a great man.

Also, he looks like Sam the eagle.

Yeah he does

Cross-posted in the Nazi thread.

Good news - 67% of Republicans approve of Trump’s response to Charlottesville, according to a new poll:

And why do I say that dishearteningly large number is good news? Because remember that Trump normally polls around 80 with Republicans.* So we now know it is indeed possible for Trump to do something that will lower his numbers with the GOP.

What’s less good news is contemplating what truly horrible acts Trump would have to do to get that number under 50.

*Remember also that “Republicans” are the smallest political grouping, after Independents and Democrats.

I wish people would pick someone other than the SLPC, who are entirely in the grip of Islamists as far us secular/apostate Muslims are concerned. I treat them pretty much as a hate group.

Now this is genuinely awesome:

That’s a ridiculous claim. If you’re referring to their labeling Ayaan Hirsi-Ali and Maajid Nawaz as anti-Muslim extremists, then you are certainly free to dispute the claim, as many have in the past. But to say that they’re in the grip of Islamists or a hate group because of it makes no sense at all.

I am Spartacus! I am Spartacus! I am Spartacus, and so is my wife!

Where does this fall on the Troubled - Disturbed Scale?

SPLC has it’s share of issues, but this is a bit much.

I found Maajid Nawaz’s discussion of the SPLC rather eye-opening. However, for now I am content to suppose that they are a net good.

Oh shit:

Just to clarify, Corker’s a Republican. I think the tide is shifting.

Cross post to the Trump Thread.

You can make all the damn staff changes you want; it doesn’t help when the boss is unhinged and refuses to listen.

I wonder if Trump is relieved about Barcelona.