President Trump Optimism thread

Prince is the founder of Blackwater, Betsy DeVos’s brother … and a buddy of the Mercers. So this confirms it’s not just a Trump/Bannon breakup, but also a Trump/Mercer breakup.

Trump skipping Kennedy Center Honors.

Kennedy Center says probably a good idea.

A couple of the inductees were going to boycott the White House pre event reception, so the big baby cancelled that too.

Note that Norman Lear told them that when he was first notified he’d been chosen. That isn’t a recent development. Not sure about the other.

I don’t really think it’s a breakup at all. Just like Trump’s campaign manager was fired and went to work as CNN’s Chief Propaganda Officer, I think they’ll still be working together, just not in an official capacity. That gives Trump some distance while he can still support their odious ideology.

Ran across this image on Reddit. I enjoy the tears and conflict, and feel more optimistic.

There is so much embedded idiocy in those posts that I cannot glean much optimism…

It’s all the fault of the Derp State!

“He chosed the establishment”

Personal favorite.

is that all from /r/trumpgret?

Seeing someone post how he was looking forward to supporting Trump when he declared martial law just makes me shudder. No optimism for me.

that same guy says he’s going to move to a “sane Latin American country.” Wtf?

It’s almost like people in r/The Donald are a bunch of fucking imbeciles.

Or that somebody is trolling others on that page.

“What do all these “Other” answers mean?”

“Uh… Stupendous! Awesome! Fantastic! Totally rad!”

“Good.”

“No, not good, Mr. President. That’s one of the other options.”

Trump may not be good for much. But he is good for making residents of KY hate Mitch McConnell, who now has a 74% disapproval rate in his home state.

(I’d like to be able to say it’s because Trump has made KY turn against the GOP. Alas, it’s the opposite: KY loves Trump, but now hates McConnell because McConnell has angered His Orangeness. Still - small steps, small steps.)

Is McConnell up for re-election in 2018? If he was you could end up with a very Trump loving US Senator from there.

Otoh you could replace McConnell with General Zod, Megatron, or Ming the Merciless and it’d be a clear net gain for the Senate.

He’s not up again until 2020. So Yertle can probably weather the storm if he just pulls his head inside his shell and waits for the Trumpstorm to blow over.

Or he could go down with Trump in 2020. I mean, this is the optimism thread.

Again with the hidden message.