President Trump Optimism thread

While the hidden messages are cute, I think the writers of these letters would be better off including a paragraph that says, “I implore the Congress of the US to begin impeachment proceedings.” There’s no need to be clever here.

If I were called upon to do the secret-message thing, I wouldn’t be able to resist the temptation to make it spell “Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.” It’d be a ten-page resignation letter.

Beautiful.

As much as I appreciate what they’re doing, I’d spontaneously give a standing ovation upon seeing such a thing.

IMG_0481

LOL! I’m stealing this, it’s brilliant.

Glad somebody liked it. I thought it was pretty clever, myself.

Yeah that would be more straightforward.

There may be issues with openly suggesting impeachment, while acting in the capacity of working for the state department.

It would at least make getting good references for future jobs a little awkward …

Well, he just resigned. Also, it’s not like the world doesn’t know he coded it into his resignation letter. It just feels like a self-congratulatory move meant to grab attention.

The “hidden” message has plausible deniability. You can always say, “Oh, man! That was totally not on purpose! Crazy, though, huh?”

It’s not really plausible.

The backlash has begun!

I’m pretty sure that was the point of all of this. Why else would the public at large pay attention to a science envoy resigning?

Incidentally, all of this reminds me of how one of my senior classmates managed to sneak an acrostic message reading “McPhee [our school president] Licks Rim” into his senior section in the yearbook. It wasn’t caught before the yearbook went to press, and certain folks shall we say were not amused.

So as to the complaint that the technique is juvenile… I sorta get it.

What precious little snowflakes. Are their feelings hurt? Do they just want people to be “Presidential” like Trump professional when they quit their jobs in protest? I can somewhat understand. Then again, I didn’t even know there was a position called Science Envoy, and I have family in the government.

If the Science Envoy doesn’t look like this I’ll be disappointed.

The gist of it is sound, this is literally fucking Nazis taking over, and these people are inserting memes into their resignations because Likes and Upvotes.

Agreed. Stop treating this like a game and be bold with your claims if you’re resigning from some govt position.