President Trump Optimism thread

Here in Canada we passed 4% growth this quarter.

Thanks Trump!

That is great news…and I’m sure this clown car of an Administration had everything to do with it. snort

It could be said that their enthusiasm for de-regulation had something to do with it. I think there’s truth to that. In the 90s when Clinton and Republican Congress de-regulated financial industry it caused that industry to boom even more for a while. The negative repercussions of that de-regulations weren’t felt until years later when the great recession hit, right? So I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect de-regulation to have a short term boost to the economy, but the cost of the de-regulation, whether it’s in the form of expensive environmental clean-up or an economic crash comes later. It’s like a perverse medium-term stimulus that costs more money than the stimulus on the back-end.

I have already seen forum conservatives (not here) give Trump all the credit for this. I have no doubt Trump will soon tweet on it, if he hasn’t already.

I literally had an argument with one online yesterday.

I pointed out that according to his logic Reagan was a terrible President who tanked the economy.
No response from him on that or to anything else after I said it.

The fiscal year doesn’t start until October, so thanks Obama.

*Edit:
Personally I think Presidents get far too much credit (and blame) for the state of the economy, but fuck it couldn’t resist anyway.

Donald Trump isn’t tearing the country apart. Ignorance and greed are doing that.

Reagan is now considered a neo-con. :)

I’d like to see the results of the follow-up question… “Do you think this is a good thing or a bad thing?”

I have no idea where to put this. But it made me chuckle.

You! Yes you! Stand still laddy!

Everyone on the internet is trolling bill Mitchell

WTH? That’s … not normal.

Continuity of Govemenrt exercise according to twitter scuttlebutt. If there were a lot more helicopters then serious shit would be goin down.

Agreed, on that. I guess it’s just easier with fewer people around.

That dude Matt Rice has great taste in profile pics.

So, I was totally thinking about the 25th amendment and, let’s say, Pence tries to get the cabinet to declare Trump unable to discharge his duties but Donnie gets wind of it and fires all the cabinet members first? At first, I thought that seemed like a massive loophole that fucks us over. But the wording on the amendment is a bit weird:

Section 4. Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

It turns out that there’s been a lot of debate about what that means (I’m shocked, I tell you, shocked).