President Trump Optimism thread

Shut up they did not.

Sure did. Brutal.

Yeah, we went to a friend’s ceremony earlier this year, and they do the Lee Greenwood thing.

Geezus.

Take it easy on the poor man. It’s much easier than carting him around for live performances given his terrible stage fright. You don’t have to worry about him forgetting the words to the national anthem this way.

Ugh, I hate that fucking song because it has an indelible association with the GOP National Convention in my mind.

Thanks all. Fortunately for us, they had a more professional screening of America the Beautiful that involved neither Lee Greenwood nor Youtube. I guess they didn’t want to subject everyone to tandem offerings of Trump and Hee-Haw and make 50 people wonder to themselves, “WTF have I gotten myself into?!”

If they really want to make America look good, they should just play this:

or heck, even

Although James Brown’s extolling of the U.S. infrastructure may not have aged so well.

Actually, watching that video now makes being an American look pretty exhausting.

Which it is.

But I feel good!

Every time I see there’s a lot of unread posts in this thread I come here hoping he just had a stroke.

No, apparently he is in quote excellent health unquote.

Dang, I kinda feel like I missed out on the whole Lee Greenwood thing. I don’t even remember any sort of ceremony after the swearing in. Shucks.

Just like everything else coming out of this administration, that has got to be a lie.

I await the report that his blood pressure, cholesterol, glucose, etc. are all absolutely perfect.

The whole checkup just makes no sense. Obviously they’re going to lie about anything remotely negative so what’s the point?

A guy in his 70s, grossly overweight, whom routinely eats high fat foods,and doesn’t exercise. Why wouldn’t he be in excellent health? I imagine he will be declared the healthiest President ever.

I’m sure he has more cholesterol than all his detractors put together.

Trump: Okay Doc I’m here for an exam. Close the door.
Doc: President Trump I am the doctor here I’ll give the orders.
Trump: Hey you, sucret sever guy. Kill the doctor.
SS: Um …
Doctor: (obviously nervous) Sorry Mr. President. Anyway please disrobe and sit on the table.
Trump: Fuck that. Where are you from anyway?
Doctor: New York.
Trump: No. Where are your people from?
Doc: What?
Trump: Your fucking people. Where the fuck are they from?
Doc: Well. My parents are from Pakistan.
Trump: Fuck this. I’m gone. No way I let someone from a shithole examine me.

Trump leaves. On the way out he says, “Send me a great report. The best. Or… you know.”

Your Trump comes across as entirely too lucid.