President Trump Optimism thread

You know, if they had claimed to be from his super PAC and that they were trying to sign people up to take the cents from their account once per month, or something crazy like that, I think they’d fool more people.

I learned a thing today about Mike pence that I like.

He has a pet rabbit, and it’s name is Marlon Bundo.

That is literally the best thing I know about Mike pence.

I wonder if he is allowed to be alone with it, without Mother in the room. Watching. Always watching.

It’s presumably a male bunny, so it’s ok.

Seriously though, Marlon Bundo is a great name.

Well that explains why news is getting out he has a pet rabbit and what his name is. Hopefully the book isn’t full of racism and sexism… I’m sure a bunny book could find a way.

Especially a bunny named after Marlon Brando.

https://www.npr.org/2018/01/20/578689252/how-america-has-changed-during-trumps-first-year-in-office-by-the-numbers

The numbers are a mixed bag, but at least some of it is positive, and how often do we get to post something in this thread?

Like a '80s retro night at the discotheque, we should start a President Obama Optimism thread.

I’ve only been to one naturalization ceremony. Other than a Hawaiian chant, there was no music.

Oh shit, I forgot about that Lee Greenwood conversation. I’d meant to share, but was on my phone at the time.

So for a long time, Lee Greenwood maintained a music theater in my old hometown area of Pigeon Forge, TN and was something of a local celebrity (third-string country stars like him and Louise Mandrell have owned and starred in numerous such daily performance theaters like that in the area for decades now).

The “upshot” of this is that during our annual extremely overwrought musical-performance-theater Veteran’s Day activities at the high school, Lee Greenwood would come sing his big famous Rah Rah Murica song for us at the climax of the show we put on. I recall one year the cheerleading and dance squads dressed up in kinda sexy WW2 fatigue outfits humping their way across the stage on their bellies, wriggling their butts to and fro, to simulate D-Day.

The aging veterans we gave front row seats to seemed to enjoy that part of the performance a lot more than Greenwood’s nervous, bland country show later on.

Mmm, yeah. I always thought the greatest generation doing the army crawl was sexy as f*ck.

There are not enough facepalm GIFs.

I think the next time I declare unilaterally that the South is the worst part of America, I’m just gonna do it as a text-link to that comment and rest my case :)

Dude, write it like the kids do these days, “sexy AF” ;-)

Dude, you’re from Pigeon Forge? That’s almost as good as if you’d been from Gatlinburg. Heck, maybe better.

I was technically born in Louisiana, but spent most of my younger years in Eastern TN. Bristol area for a bit, then eventually Sevierville for the majority. I say Pigeon Forge as it’s a little more recognizable. Sevierville’s the tragic collection of stop lights and run-down chain fast food joints you need to drive through to access Pigeon Forge if you’re coming from the West :)

Heh, I have modest familiarity with the area. I do remember sevierville, actually. We lived in Nashvegas for 7 years and had a few excursions over in that direction. Also driven 441 toward NC a couple of times. We always liked Gatlinburg.

Gatlinburg is where you go if you think Dollywood made Pideon Forge too touristy. Gatlinburg is of course, also a tourist trap.

Gatlinburg is where Sue found his father.

Yeah, but there was a little curiosity shop there 30 years ago that I adored. The owner loved dragon-related things. They had a desk that had once been in the Maytag family that I still regret not buying.