President Trump Optimism thread

I don’t really hold that against Romney too much because even Democrats seem to go through a “maybe we can reason with him” phase. See Schumer etc. It’s been a point of aggravation across the board.

I think Romney will oppose both the toddler with nuclear codes and the fuck democracy.

I could see him signing on to the Markey-Lieu bill that requires congressional approval before launching a nuclear strike. I think will also oppose Trump when does unconstitutional stuff. If Mueller provides evidence that Trump engaged in criminal activity, I can even see Mitt voting to impeach him.

Romney is just another Republican. His only redeeming feature being he was right about Russia when Obama was wrong. But thats just about it. Oh and unlike Trump who colluded with Russia Romney is pretty clean in that regard.

Yeah, Romney is a wonderful guy.

Fuck him too.

Like we said, he’s a Republican.

He’s a piece of shit, just not on the same level as say… Nunes or Hatch.

Maybe Romney was humbled and sees things differently?

Don’t fall for it. He will push the agenda.

http://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/hysterical-laughter-animated-gif-1.gif

Romney hasn’t yet seemed to get this Twitter thing down pat. Or more to the point, nobody using it seems to like what he’s saying:

Ugh. Just when I thought he represented the part of the Republican party that still integrity. WTF! I’m really sad about this.

Hard to represent what hasn’t existed in decades.

Oh yeah, Mitt’s another maverick. He will kiss Trump’s ring, just like all the other mavericks do sooner or later. It’s all about delivering for the rich donors and shoring up the base by voting for guns and against abortion and gay rights and social spending.

I think Mitt said it best:

I called it, though I figured it would take Mitt longer than three days before he started blowing Trump. No doubt one of @ArmandoPenblade’s laws - always assume the worst of Republicans but then don’t be surprised when they’re even worse than that.

Trump didn’t actually write the endorsement tweet. Mitt’s thanking the RNC for getting the obligatory front-runner endorsement, that’s why he wrote Mr. President instead of President Trump. You’ll all just don’t know how to read dog-whistles from traditional Republicans.

It is all in the codebook

Yeah, Hatch is craven and doesn’t even attempt to hide his evil. Romney still thinks it’s important to maintain a facade.

Submission to authority seems deeply engraved in Republican DNA.

This must be the president of the Virgin Islands I keep hearing about.

Romney, for his faults, is still an infinitely more moral and respectable man than Trump.

true, but so is my toilet after I’ve expelled all the demons.