President Trump Optimism thread

Found the height of the bar.

Please turn on the LIKES

I think he tops out at about 2-3x more respectable, to be fair here.

Though 3 x 0 is about the same as Infinity x 0, I suppose.

Ok this is really optimistic. The latest Reddit craze

537 votes and 16 comments so far on Reddit

I’ll stop but it is a real fun place to visit.

For incredibly small values of moral and respectable. Nearing zero.

Well, I’d imagine that having dinner with the Romneys wouldn’t be an actual ordeal like having to hear the Daily National Embarrassment spew nonstop self-congratulatory bullshit the whole time. Unless they went on and on about dressage or something.

Or the unfairness of how government regulations prevent one from simply installing a simple 2-car elevator in your garage.

Parking in La Jolla is a bitch.

it was probably the black guy

100% chance that Trump, if he finds out about this, will consider how he can work the same deal.

Is the optimism there that Joyce got away from her family, so maybe the rest of us can too? :D

I look forward to the day, a hundred years from now, when cartooning finally breaks free from all this inescapable anime corruption.

I didn’t know China even had a two term limit, or how much that matters.

Their political system is a total black box to me.

They’ve been pretty strict about limiting their presidents to two terms. But Xi is an entirely different beast. He’s the one who’s been pushing China more and more into expansion of soft and hard power. China’s the biggest player in Africa now, using economic power to put it more and more under their umbrella. And witness the artificial islands in the South China Sea. And now they’ve got their new Silk Road project to basically expand west toward Europe.

This could be called me_irl

Robert Reich has a blog post up that gives credit to Trump for being such a terrible example that it’s encouraging people to take moral stands.

I think we’ve said similar things around here before, but it’s nice to see it posted out in the wild.

Whatever. I’ve yet to see much of a backlash develop over anything he’s done. Look at the latest school shooting. So some organizations are removing discounts for the NRA? Wow. Trump is pushing arming teachers. That’s the discussing he’s fomenting. We’ll count it a victory when we don’t arm them. Whew. That was close. Thank god arming teachers didn’t happen! Think we will see any actual progress on gun control?

Yeah, I dunno if we’ve hit the bottom yet. It seems like a frightening large portion of the country has a moral compass that is akin to just a bottomless abyss of darkness.

Not a moral compass…a moral weathervane.

This is what happens when ‘reasonable’ people let the rabid frothing right always, always, always set the goalposts and define the terms of discussion.

Case in point: suggesting a repeal of 2A is so completely beyond the pale that no Democrat would dare utter the thought. The only people who suggest it are conservatives who desperately want the left to bite (see: Lowry, Rich). Bog-standard NRA messaging, by contrast:

“ARGLE BARGLE BARGLE KILL YOU ALL IF YOU TAKE OUR GUNS” (I think that’s an actual quote from one of Dana Loesch’s videos)

Guess where the ‘reasonable center’ ends up falling?