President Trump Optimism thread

Agreed. I am reading the new Stalin biography at the moment. I feel like I have a tiny glimpse into the feelings of the sane liberal people in Russia in the 20’s & 30’s. This drip drip drip of evil from a percentage of the country who eventually did indeed follow through with their rhetoric and murder the liberals and democrats. If Trump has taught me anything it is that it CAN happen here.

Steven Kotkin, he has two volumes so far.

https://www.amazon.com/Stalin-Waiting-1929-1941-Stephen-Kotkin-ebook/dp/B01MUKXNVJ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1519797371&sr=8-1&keywords=stalin+waiting+for+hitler+1929-1941

For a more gripping style I recommend Edvard Radzinsky’s Stalin as well, for similar insights into the tone of the people. Finally Simon Sebag Montefiore’s Court of the Red Tsar is also a solid read.

Didn’t even take a year…

I have that but have not read it yet.

Thanks to Trump, our basketball players are getting better education!

Incorrect. A full repeal of the 2nd is a core part of my very public political desires. Farmers can wrestle coyotes to stop making them eat their livestock, dammit.

Yeah, I’m cool with repealing it. Hunters can use a bow - have at it.

In the future, Americans will hunt coyote by mechanical cross-bows with auto-loading and instant winding, manufactured by Remington etc. Slap a little Weed Eater motor on a cross-bow, add on some mechanical doodads, and Voila!

As always, your ideas intrigue me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

When real men where real men, farmers wrestled apex predators to protect their lands, by Jove.

All joking aside, while I’ll support any gun control legislation, the end goal has to be the removal of all guns. Might take generations, but we can get there as a society. Maybe the coyotes will be extinct by then thanks to global warming.

We’ll be extinct by then. Problem solved.

Until the cockroaches take up arms and ruin their peaceful post-apocalyptic society.

Canada doesn’t have a second amendment, but farmers still have lots of rifles and shotguns.

Nothing like setting small goals. I think you will see the GOP supporting abortion before you see the removal of all guns. But I guess that would be goal 1B.

The NRA has a goal of a gun in every cold dead hand, a bullet in every kid. May as well give em ample competition.

Repealing the 2nd amendment doesn’t mean no one can have guns. It just means it’s no longer your right. You know, like a driver’s license. You want a gun? Go pass a test, pay a fee, and you can have your gun. But you don’t have a right to it.

And every state in the country would be happy to take your fee because revenue is what it is all about.

I also think it’s at least slightly about fewer people getting bullets in them, but whatevs.

As usual, the rest of the developed world gets to have nice things but we don’t because 'Murica!

Do you really think states would back legalizing weed if they didn’t figure out a way to make good money on it?