President Trump Optimism thread

Now Fox has to dust off their old talking points about how Kim is evil incarnate again instead of a nice dude like they’ve been saying for the last week.

President Trump pardoned Jack Johnson today.

I listened to a podcast about Johnson’s story at one point but I can’t find it now. I remember some discussion about how they were glad Obama hadn’t issued the pardon, because having a white President do it would have more impact. I’m glad Sly was about to get Trump’s ear and make it happen.

Yeah, this pardon is good.

The only black guy getting a pardon from Trump is already dead.

And you’re surprised why? ;-)

Hey, give him time - Ben Carson is still alive and may be a candidate at some point.

That was an impressive burn.

To file under the sarcastic version of this thread

How does Trump poll among binders full of women?

If he’s not in jail, he’ll run, and if he runs, he’ll get the GOP nomination. And it’s obviously crazy to say he couldn’t win.

Also, he might run even if he is in jail.

I definitely hope he runs if/when Mueller’s report shows all the shit he’s done. It’d make for a great video watching him get taken down.

This. Everyone was soooooo sure Hillary was going to win against Trump, that a lot of people were rooting for him to win the GOP nomination. That was foolish.

It did strain credulity that someone who assaults women, by his own admission, could be elected president. But credulity was indeed strained.

All that may be true, but I’m not sure Romney is exactly an expert on realistically judging electoral prospects.

Romney is just trying to ingratiate himself to the ignorant Trumpist “Lumpenbase” when he says this.

This from the guy who was going to “grab his musket” if Clinton won.

It was on, it was off, eventually it happened.

From NPR: An Upbeat Trump Ends Summit Convinced Of Kim’s Commitment To Ending Nuclear Program

There’s the promise of progress, I’ll give it that. But that last bit about limiting military exercises doesn’t sit right with me. You give that concession when you get something concrete on the main subject of denuclearization, not just (more) promises.

I think that Trump merely promised to end joint military exercises, just like the NKs promised to denuclearize. Promises on both sides. My guess is that nothing changes.

Countdown to Trump tweeting that little rocket man stabbed him in the back in 3… 2… 1…

Fuck yea, Trump. The Art of the Deal, indeed.

Next, go fix Gaza.