President Trump Optimism thread

While it seems normal for presidents to lose approval after taking office, some drops seem rather extreme:

Reason to be cheerful part #1

Fill the sky with them.

“99 Trumpballoons” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La4Dcd1aUcE

Can Roger Waters get the pig balloon flying next to it?

Trump will be so offended by the balloons and protests in the UK, he will pull us out of NATO (or at least do all the damage he can to it).

Anyone think this is impossible?

He might just throw a tantrum and not go. Which, I guess, is the plan.

I guess “becomes incredibly despondent over how much the world despises him and throws himself in front of a train” is out of the question.

We can dream.

As long as Brexit is still a thing, I don’t think London should get smug about anything.

I wish the technology existed to have that balloon follow him around where ever he goes so that every time he looks up, there it is.

Don’t worry the Israelis, Russians and nearly everyone else is already doing it.

Perhaps it’s for the best that Clinton lost?

I want my eyebrows back.

I get the logic. Trump motivates the base, but in the meantime, we get more life time appointments of reactionary judges, and we may lose all standing on the international stage.

How we respond when mueller reports, and what the next administration does, are both critical to our standing internationally. Everyone in the world except his base knows that trump is an abomination, and an aberration, and I fully expect to be able to go back to pre-trump status quo after his reign of terror, if we don’t continue to shit the world’s bed.

No way.

Our allies are never going to regard the US in the same light again, because it’s now obvious that we might elect an imbecile like Trump who simply won’t respect any of our agreements.

Some amount of the damage being done is permanent.

On the plus side, from an international perspective, the more focus ends up of Russian meddling, the less inherent blame the American people adopt, and the more likely that we can normalize international relations afterwards.

People trust germany and japan just fine now. It’ll fade. And hopefully we Americans will learn some truths that germany and japan had to learn a much harder way.