President Trump Optimism thread

It’s been too long since the Optimism thread’s been bumped. I’m feeling a bit more optimistic lately. As shittier and shittier things keep happening, the chances of taking the House (and possibly Senate) have to go up, right?

Don’t! You’ll jinx it!!!

I am optimistic about all of those quarantined people on planes are bringing us the super-plague that will end this all.

Thank you, Captain Trips, for flying with us!

From your mouth to the electorate’s ears. This has me biting my nails:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/forget-the-house-its-the-battle-for-the-senate-that-could-provide-the-most-drama-on-election-night/2018/09/08/2acdd1d2-b37a-11e8-9a6a-565d92a3585d_story.html?utm_term=.7d75aff65cdc

It’s going to be an agonizing couple of months.

-Tom

I can’t figure out whether to be hopeful with this odd dance Ben Sasse is doing. He’s been tweeting about how things need to change, etc, and tabout how he has considered leaving the Republican Party many times. Is it a trial balloon or just more meaningless brow-furrowing posturing?

Amen, Brother Tom. Amen.

What’s a few more months to the hell that is the country right now?

My neighbor put the confederate flag back up… I am not sure what woman or minority highlighted event pissed him off this time. It goes up and down every handful of months.

Maybe it’s cry for help?

I wish.

It’ usually the state of his anger combined with whether or not he think it’s okay to keep it up. Everyone some white supremacist destroys and murders people, it goes down. Then when the base gets riled up over someone forgetting their place, it goes back up. They’re very unfortunate people to be around.

I think it follows Facebook uh… trends? currents?

I notice that when the Republicans have a lot of bad news, suddenly there’s a flurry of Facebook counter-… argument? propaganda? to give Trump supporters something to point at and get mad about again.

IE, he’s probably flying it because his Facebook feed is once again filled with Reasons Why the Bill of Rights is Unconsitutional and Killary Thinks You Should Pay More Taxes and Why Didn’t Obama Show His Birth Certificate and maybe, just maybe, secession was the Founding Father’s intent and of course in a world where the Federal government has access to drones liberals want to take your guns away (again).

It used to be sort of funny these people could so easily get riled up. It’s not anymore.

I think we all know what the Tesla “flamethrower” is for now.

hehe, oops. Considering his camouflage painted truck, keeping it white bumper sticker, I’m sure he’d have one if he could afford it. The state of the house suggests, maybe not.

I believe that @sillhouette was talking about you using the flamethrower. Because when you posted that my first thought was the same. If he lived near me I’d get drunk and set fire to it one night.

Is he aware Oregon fought for the Union?

Edit: Actually doesn’t look like they sent many state forces. Anyhoo…

Ya I totally chip to get you a Tesla flamethrower as long as you posted pictures.

I don’t think that piece of trivia does much to counterbalance Oregon’s history.:

The Oregon constitution, adopted in 1857, banned slavery but also excluded blacks from legal residence. It made it illegal for blacks to be in Oregon or to own real estate, make contracts, vote, or use the legal system.

Shit, if you have a flamethrower I’ll come join, and bring marshmallows.

Which reminds me of the really wierd thing I saw today, on my way back from the coast. Jefferson Davis Memorial Park, right off the highway about 5 miles north of Vancouver (the Washington suburb of Portland).

WTF?

Yeah, see when people point to Oregon as some sort of blue state that’s like the rest I usually kind of laugh a little. We don’t have stellar history at all and the problems, like actually on the books laws, lasted for a long time.

When people try to tell me the confederate flag is some sort of southern pride, yeah… if rolling around in racism and we didn’t really lose the war equates to southern pride, well then that needed to be snuffed out a long time ago.

I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before one of our home grown white supremacist nuts murders some people and then it will come down again, unless the president talks about good people on both sides then it might stay up.

WT holy F? That’s a thing? What state do you live in, Nesrie? I guess I shouldn’t be surprised from inside my blue West Coast cradle of California, but that’s not dog whistle, and it’s not even whistle. It’s mega-decibel air horn.

-Tom