President Trump Optimism thread

Oregon. Which historically is racist as fuuuuuck.

Yeah, like I said I discovered today that there is a Jefferson Davis Memorial Park about 10 minutes from where I’m staying, and 20 minutes from downtown Portland. Complete with the expected smoke blowing placards.

Technically Washington, but you get the idea.

A memorial to the ‘great man’ that was the ‘president’ of a bunch of traitors who wanted the right to own human beings. I’m 5 miles from serious Trump country.

Yep. .Oregon. Oregon has a history., and it’s not a good one. It would line right up with southern states actually.

For me, I figure the next few months will be the same as it’s been around here since Trump started running and people no longer felt they had to hide their racism. The bumper sticker though was the talk of my gaming nights and gatherings the first couple of years here. They were nervous for me but I refuse to be limited by where I live because some racists is on the street. It’s Oregon; there’s always a racist on the street, it’s just a matter of whether they admit it or are blatant about it.

Hell the KKK, yeah that one, started putting out fliers against. Isn’t that great.

Take as picture of the truck, with the license plate.

They’re not breaking any laws. Why would I take a picture? I might as well just declare a confrontation with my neighbor if they see me doing that. KKK fliers are also not illegal, probably not from him…

I won’t be forced out of neighbors or limited, but the last thing I want is an open war with one of my neighbors. They make movies out of that.

I should mention that some in the community the fliers turned up to called the police. The police had to remind them it’s within their rights to give out fliers, although I wish they had done that in a little… less annoyed way. I mean adding candy to the flier seemed a little more… well not good.

So we can post it on the internet and ruin their lives.

Well as much fun as that would be, that would ruin my life too. If you find that guy, you find me. We already have one white supremacist and his friends watching these boards. I don’t think we need to give them an open target. These people are not safe. They don’t consider people like me human.

I agree. But like all Presidents he will take the credit, which is fair, as he surely would get the blame if it was in decline.

This, in a nutshell, is the problem with the US today. Fuck Trump. Fuck his followers. Fuck the racists that make people feel that they are in danger every day.

So a majority think he is intelligent, and strong? Yikes.

It makes sense, really. Think about the average Trump voter you know. The majority of the ones I know have the critical thinking ability and intellectual curiosity of a shovel. To them, Trump is smart because he says he is. And look, he solved North Korea and the economy when no one else could figure it out!

But what about the other 60+% of folks? :) It is amazing there are that many people outside of that group that think he is intelligent and strong.

They’re the ones who say “Gosh, I dunno. He’s got beeeeellions of dollars, he must be pretty smart!”

To many people “assertive”, “insulting”, and “bully” are synonyms for “strong”.

Don’t forget that nobody thought he could win (insert random state)! The very unfair fake news media never gave him a chance there.

As long as you’re a man.

That’s a great point.

He is absolutely a strong person with remarkable leadership skills. In the absence empathy and a moral framework, however, these traits make for autocrats and cult leaders. Pol Pot, Stalin, Jim Jones and Charles Manson tic the same boxes.

To me, the real message of that poll is “about 60% of the country thinks he’s an asshole.”

I couldn’t disagree more with this. How is he absolutely a strong person with remarkable leadership skills? How are you defining “strong”? Or “leadership”?

Your ability to impose your will on a group, and have them unquestionably do what you want them to do. About 30% of the world’s most powerful country regard him as the greatest man on the planet. Yeah, they’re dumbasses. But there are a lot of them.

These aren’t necessarily positive traits, as I tried to make clear with the Pol Pot and Jim Jones references.