President Trump Optimism thread

I think the fig tree was supposed to be a metaphor for Israel or something, if i recall. There were a couple of different different verses about fig trees bearing fruit.

I personally like how Jesus used a whip and beat up a bunch of money changers in a temple.

“Maybe this will get somewhere,” I said optimistically, referring to some sort of new class action suit against the Trump Corporation.

Well, boys, looks like we done found ourselves an enemy of the people!

Bwahahahahhahahahahahahahaahhahahhahahahahahha

Womp womp.

I so dearly want Trump to be known as the president that lost the House. I can fricking taste it.

Does it taste like a taco bowl or KFC?

More like 3 greasy Big Macs.

I am pretty sure he wouldn’t be the first president to be in the WH when his party lost the House. Unless you mean the actual White House. That would be a cool thing to be remembered for.

Just talking about here and now. And tomorrow. I am a simple man, with simple tastes. :)

The House. Hopefully we will be surprised and the Senate also.

I really want Beto to be my senator. And then president.

I’d vote for him in a heartbeat. O. :)

I could see Trump losing the actual White House. Like, either we find out that he took out a mortgage against it and has to declare bankruptcy and some construction guys come by one day and dismantle it and sell various bits of it on EBay. Or maybe he literally loses it. Everyone shows up to work one morning and The White House is just gone and Trump is saying he doesn’t know what they’re talking about, there was never a White House and Sarah Huckabee Sanders badgers reporters for insisting there used to be a White House and then years later, after he’s out of office Mattis confirms that there actually was a White House but Trump lost it one night and no one’s been able to find it since.

As with everything coming from our Congress, I’m sure this isn’t perfect by any stretch. But it’s nice to see Trump saying he’d support criminal justice reform in just about any form. I just hope he doesn’t hear something on FOX News to change his mind.

This is interesting. Contemplating Brexit has improved, not tarnished, Britons’ opinions of immigrants to their country.

… Since the Brexit vote, fewer people tell pollsters that there are too many immigrants in the United Kingdom. Britons also have become more positive about the ideas that “immigration is good for the economy” and that the United Kingdom should “allow more E.U. workers.”

“All polls seem to suggest it’s softened — people are less negative, basically on every measure you ask,” said Anthony Wells, YouGov’s director of political and social opinion polling.

Richards said it is especially significant that the views of both “remainers" and “leavers” have relaxed on immigration — even as the sides remain bitterly divided over Brexit.

I bring it up here because it’s actually been the same story in the US under Trump. When during the last 40 years has public concern in the US about immigration been the highest? If you watch the news, filled with Trumpian apocalyptic rhetoric, you would naturally conclude it’s right now.

But that’s not true at all. Public concern about immigration is actually at recent historic lows in the US. Here’s the history of Gallup’s immigration question:

The percent wanting less immigration peaked back in 1994, and has been on a downward trend ever since. Trump and his gang are the exception, not the norm - which is probably why why they’re reduced to screaming and yelling over it.

Meanwhile, discussion of immigration (and, studies show, actual exposure to immigrants) has convinced most people that immigration is acceptable, inevitable, and even desirable (the percent wanting more immigration has been on the uprise since '94 as well.) Trump may be winning media battles, but he’s losing the public opinion war.