President Trump Optimism thread

I sure hope you’re right about Mattis. We’re going to need people in power to stand up to him if the country’s going to have a chance.

Mattis has built his entire life upon caring about the US and the men in his command. He’ll not mortgage that for short term favor from a chump like Trump.

He’s probably the only guy up there with any real integrity at this point.

So Paul Ryan was on CNN last night doing a Town Hall type thing. I watched about 10 minutes of it. During that time he did say the GOP hopes within 100 days to have ACA repealed and a replacement in place.

And that replacement would be?

TBD! Healthcare is pretty straight forward, let’s figure it out once we get this repealed and people lose their insurance.

Wonder what he did to merit that.

He was appointed by Obama.

Not even.

Schwartz, who was appointed to head the guard by President George W. Bush in 2008, maintained the position through President Obama’s two terms. He said his orders came from the Pentagon but that he doesn’t know who made the decision. It is unclear whether he is part of a larger class of federal workers who have been asked to leave their jobs as a new president takes office.

Here’s a hypothesis, with no backing other than knowing Trump and his team are imbeciles:
Someone saw this guy was appointed in 2008, and since Obama was elected in 2008, they assumed that he was appointed by Obama, because they didn’t really consider that Obama wasn’t in office until 2009.

I could absolutely see that happening, because Trump’s team is made of some extremely stupid people who repeatedly make exactly that kind of error.

It could also be that he doesn’t look like a general to Trump.

The fucking depressing part? I would not be shocked by either of you being right.

We’re probably both right. Black dude appointed in 2008? Get him out.

Does anyone seriously think that it’s anything else?

Sure! He could also be setting things up so that his stormtroopers can co-opt command of the regular military on day one.

He probably couldn’t find any of those mobile ICBM launchers like the Soviets had during their May Day parades to use for Trump’s inauguration parade so he was canned.

Imagine that it’s because he wants some dude he has direct control over in charge of the national guard there so he can use them to beat down protesters in DC.

Again, another fucked up thing that is totally plausible with Trump.

T minus 7 days, folks!

It does seem to really be happening.

Schwartz said that he is most proud of the Youth Challenge Academy, a school for teenage dropouts run by the guard with an infusion of federal money that is separate from both D.C. public and charter schools. It is located at the former Oak Hill facility, the District’s old juvenile jail. He said that about 60 percent of the school’s student body have obtained high school diplomas, and some have gone on to college.

Sounds like this guy likes losers. You know what happens when you hang around losers? You become a loser. Anyone in the eighth grade knows this.

Good riddance IMO.

Yup, African-American in a prestigious appointed position from 2008…this guy just got Obamatized. At least he’s in good company with hundreds of other folks and the Affordable Care Act…oh, I mean Obamacare.

I cannot understand why nobody has made it clear to the Trump transition team that you can’t just let these people all go on Inauguration Day. There are literally well over 1000 positions like this, positions that are appointments. Granted, some of them go to people friendly to the incoming administration and/or family members of donors and the like when a new administration takes over, but a whole lot more of these positions are filled by people who earned their way into them, and many are filled by people who have held the position through more then one administration (such as Gen. Schwartz). It often takes a new administration YEARS to change over these positions, and many aren’t simply dismissed, but promoted or moved to another position to make room for the new appointee. Dismissing them ALL on the same day is madness, and will leave an administrative gap that threatens to cripple all sorts of necessary departments and services.