President Trump Optimism thread

Feature, not a bug.

Oh, yes you can. Just watch.

I like to imagine that one of those people walking out on the 20th without a replacement is the person responsible for making sure Social Security checks go out. The uproar would be glorious (and disastrous for millions of people, but Trump has put me into I-want-to-see-the-world-burn mode.)

I’d say that’s the reasonable assumption. The conspiracy theory version is that he’s replacing all senior military personnel who aren’t loyal to him and demanding that all ambassadors be out of their posts the day he takes office because he plans to hand the country directly to Putin as soon as he walks in. I mean, we don’t really need ambassadors if we’ve got Twitter, we don’t need spies if we’ve got the word of the Russian government, and we don’t need anyone who might be inclined to object to the little green men running a few things around here.

I imagine the lack of replacement for those terminated is intentional. The goal isn’t to have a functional government, it’s to poison it with inaction. The tin-foil hat type would say that fits in with the Russian goal of chaos in the West. It also serves the needs of those who desire government subservience to corporate interests.

Trump doesn’t care about an administrative gap. He needs those positions to distribute to supporters - that’s the spoils he will use to maintain power.

This is amazing. These are the acts confirmed for the inauguration:

Toby Keith
3 Doors Down
The Piano Guys
Jon Voight
Lee Greenwood
Ravi Jakhotia
B Street Band

The B Street Band is a Bruce Springsteen cover band.

You may remember Ravi Jakhotia as DJ Ravi Drums from the 2008 E3 Wii event.

I guess some of The Rockettes will also be appearing.

Also the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, which clearly makes up for not getting Beyonce.

Let me save you all some Googling: Yes, 3 Doors Down were the musicians responsible for 1996’s alt rock smash Kryptonite. Yuge!

Man, that wasn’t even fresh in '96. I know. I was there!

More inaugural fun! Port-a-potty company logos covered for inauguration.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dons-portable-toilet-names-covered-inauguration-183314522.html

Someone needs to run around that morning putting “Trump Dump” signs on all of them.

So, apparently Trump’s pick for secretary of the navy is another hedge fund manager.

Wait wait… so if Schwartz is responsible for the event, and did all the planning, can he alter the plans so that all of ‘his’ troops simply walk off at 12:01pm?

Some actually optimistic factoids, and from a (local) Fox station yet:

Number of DC bus parking permits issued for 2012 inauguration: 1200.
Number of permits issued for Women’s March next Saturday: 1200.
Number of permits issued for Trump’s actual inauguration: 393.

Optimistic scenario at this point is that DT continues to do absurd things after inauguration, and within the first year gets impeached, and Pence takes over. Then Pence pardons Trump “for the good of the country so we can all move forward”. And we don’t find out the truth for 50+ years until all his kids are dead. We have a Pence + R government for 8 years. Yay optimism.

“we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it,” Nancy Pelosi on ACA

In context, it’s pretty clear she meant the bill was being distorted by political hyberbole:

There are street performers playing pots and pans with better drumming tbh. Here he plays to a room full of people who at some point will turn around and realise its not a CD playing.

Maybe, but he won’t because he’s an adult who can put the best interests of the country ahead of his own ego. (That’s a shot at you, not Trump. The image of all of the troops just coming to attention and marching the fuck away is an immensely satisfying one.)

The Dems won’t vote to impeach Trump because they benefit from Trump being the face of Republicans and because they won’t to repeat the mistakes of Newt. The Republicans won’t do it because they don’t want to create a stab in the back myth among the base and all be primaried out by true believers who would be fine with some of Bernie’s policies as long as they were whites only.

Trump isn’t getting impeached.