Presidential Alert

All my phones just went off. I am just not happy with this system. I didn’t sign up for it, and I don’t want it.

Please report to your nearest re-education camp.

I do like the idea of civil defense. Even if the current president is not, uh, good.

Thank you, Mr. Trump, for teaching millions of Americans how to delete text alerts from their phones as quickly as possible.

Likewise, and if a Democrat gets elected they’ll try and turn it off. I hate this. Once again trump screaming “look at me!”
Tv is blocked off too.

And yet now all of your phones are activated so that the Presidential Loyalty Assurance Investigation Department (PLAID) can have access to all your texts and calls and listen to you through your phone’s mic whenever they like.

Apparently our QA guys were testing our platform in a conference room with about 30 different phones when the alert went off. They had fun.

I actually have the Amber Alert system on, but that was voluntary. There is nothing this government or any other government in the future has to say that I would want forced on me. This isn’t an aversion to alerts, this is an aversion to being forced to use and not trusting my government on any level to use this properly.

Just got the alert twice for some reason. Thanks Trump.

There is a lawsuit fighting this as constitutionally prohibited compelled listening

Are you on Google Fi? Happened to the person next to me at work, and we were guessing it was one from the Sprint network and one from TMobile.

PRESIDENTIAL ALERT! PRESIDENTIAL ALERT!

We are still winning. We are winning so much you’ll get sick.

Please resume your previous activities.

So considering this is from the President (not really, of course), would this be considered un-civil defense?

My project Fi didn’t beep, what’s up with that? Only half the people’s phones in the office seemed to beep. I thought you couldn’t disable it.

Mine was 15 minutes late (on TMobile). Somebody here who doesn’t have the latest Android update didn’t get one at all. Not sure if that’s related or not.

Oh great. Sounds like some of the tests failed. I can’t wait until they do it again because that’s what you normally do when tests fail…

Oh I just got it at 2:47 PM IN THE EVENT OF AN ACTUAL EMERGENCY I’D BE DEAD thanks google.

I am on Sprint, so that might be it.

You can’t. It beeps if you’re on silent, but it buzzes if you’re on vibrate (and doesn’t do anything if your phone is off)

I didn’t get one