Pretend the darkly cynical Spinnortality has a name that doesn't make it sound wacky

Title Pretend the darkly cynical Spinnortality has a name that doesn't make it sound wacky
Author Tom Chick
Posted in Game reviews
When November 25, 2019

And who by avalanche, who by powder
Who for his greed, who for his hunger
And who shall I say is calling?

-Leonard Cohen, “Who By Fire”

Read the full article

I bought this when it was released back in Feb., but the tedium got to me. Perhaps I should reinstall and give it another shot.

Not sure about the game, but that review was great and sooo well worth reading. Well done, Mr. Chick.

Woah. This goes on my list of the best half dozen or so game reviews I’ve ever read. Thanks Tom!

“The flow of information, not products, is the new economy. Manufacturing bits has taken a back seat to managing bytes.”

This is why I read Tom; just a lovely turn of phrase inside a thoughtful article.

Fascinating game review. Not sure I’ll play it, but I appreciate the game has a thesis the way you present it.

I gotta say, I don’t think anybody but Tom can write an article about a game that sounds like zero fun, that makes me kind of want to play it.

Man, all these years I have been thinking it was “who by power.”

… vested in me, I now pronounce you man and Chick.

I’m enjoying the Steam reviews too:

rashka
Untitled

A decent game, and quite addictive for a few hours, but it is entirely infused with leftist politics.
All throughout it relentlessly mocks conservatives as xenophobic fools that just sit in echo chambers - perhaps the irony is lost on the developer, sitting in his own leftie echo chamber.

There’s also the inherent assumption that higher taxes are an universal moral good, lowering taxes leads - I kid you not - to violent anarchy.

I like his ideas and his cat.

I still don’t get the name. Is it part “spin” – like the spin of the globe – and “mortality” – like we’re all gonna die unless we buy cloned bodies?

Corrections:
“Medeterranian”
“I didn’t provided a spare body”

I associated the Spin part with Spin-doctoring.

I associated it with quantum physics.

And it’s about immortality, not mortality.

I understand it’s a French developer? To my ears, the neologism doesn’t sound wacky.