Prey 2

Prey may have been mediocre overall, but it did give me one of my more memorable FPS moments. “Hey, I can see somebody off in the dark there. I bet I can get in a headshot… bang Ow, somebody hit me in the head!”

I hope they don’t implement any sort of branded fee structure for upgrades or perks. The last thing the gaming world needs is to have to buy PreyDough.

H.

If the native American SF titles are mediocre, is there a different word for brown games about American soldiers shooting Arabs in the head? Infra-ocre perhaps. Sub-ocre. Medicompleteshite.

The thing that worries me is that Prey had those sections in the ancestral desert of your tribe - Rage texture reuse ahoy!

C’mon people! PREYDOUGH. Eh? Eh? That’s some quality stuff right there!

I’ll take Prey or even something like Singularity (miiltary shooter but with some flavor to it) over the constant stream of COD-alikes. Unfortunately, Call of Battlefield 23 is probably more financially viable than what I like to see in a FPS.

Prey did have some great bits, but none of them involved shooting, and as 95% of the game was shooting that should tell you all you need to know.

I am not sure i like it…

edit: yeah, i don’t like it. Is that Splinter Cell or Prey 2? WTF

Even the cover art is converging for the modern shooter :)

Modern shoooter for shooting mans!

BTW, Bethesda has confirmed to Ign that it doesn’t use id Tech 5.

Prey 2: Now with more white guys!

I had a mental image of what a Prey 2 would look like, and that isn’t it.

I guess it’s a tad ironic when the last game they were working on was a Marc Ecko game with a minority protagonist.

This sounds interesting…

Prey 2 follows the air marshal as he makes his way through the same ship, fighting off different warring alien factions with his pistol until an alien captures him. After that opening, used to tie the two games together, the game jumps forward, we’re told, to a seedy alien planet that sounds a bit like the future Earth of Blade Runner. This is where the game really opens up, revealing the marshal as the only human on an alien planet working as a bounty hunter.

The game is meant to be an open world title with multiple ways to complete objectives, but at its heart it is still a first-person shooter, we’re told.

Interesting. But i don’t know why the game is called “Prey 2” if it barely have anything to do with the first one!

According to the rumor, it links to the first through the airplane crash. Other than that, I guess it may have the otherworldy portals, wall-walking, and anus doorways.

Yeah, i read the connection with the airplane crash. But it seems like something in the prologue of the game, afterwards is in another planet, being a bounty hunter, in open city?, with another protagonist, without indian themes, without spiritual powers therefore. So the airplane connection seems more like an excuse to put “Prey” in the title.
Very little Prey-ish, in general.

But i suppose they will come back with portals, artificial gravity, etc.

Prey Xtreme!

It’s like Sam Fisher auditioned for a Black-Ops photo shoot and all they had for him to wear were some Crysis props.

Be amazed!

I’d buy a Wii for Super Mario Massacre.