Prey - New Predator film directed by Dan Trachtenberg available on HULU

https://youtu.be/zHtrL_uTTvo

I didn’t know what this was and the dumb thumbnail ruins it, so I’m putting it in a spoiler tag. Just watch, it’s 44 seconds of your time and for many of us, I think well worth looking at.

EDIT: Fun’s over - now that the movie is out and has been for a week (I still haven’t had time to see it dammit) I thought the thread title could be updated to be more reflective of the actual film, given there is almost no way someone could come here and be surprised by the existence of a new film in the franchise.

Gonna be honest I thought the Arkane game was somehow getting a show or movie.

I actually had the same thought, but it looked like it was set in a much more ancient time, so I was totally confused. I mean, honestly, I still have a lot of questions.

Did you read the official comment on the YT video? A lot of answers there. Why is nothing in the teaser?
Is it a spoiler to say it is a Predator movie? Can you spoil trailers? If we can spoil trailers, then we went way to far…

I didn’t bother looking at them, I mean I feel like I have all the information I need to watch it, so I guess I’m being a little dramatic when I say I have questions - what I mean is I have questions I’m eager for the film to answer. And you can spoil it if you like, but I didn’t know going in what it was, so it landed really well for me, and I wanted others to have a chance at that.

yeah, I blurred it. I am not so into the franchise, the first time I watched it, I didn’t even get it ;) I was hoping for Apocalypto II

Oh, not once I watched the trailer. Then it was clear what it was. Just the thread title. :P

Right. Which, again, was intentional. Also, you often don’t see the Predator coming, so it’s a bit of foreshadowing!

Should be noted: directed by Dan Trachtenberg (10 Cloverfield Lane).

I was thinking the original 3d Realms one since it was Native Americans.

There’s no way anyone would do a tie in for that. Too old, not relevant anymore.

I know someone who worked on this. Excited to see it.

— Alan

And The Boys, which was even better (for my taste).

And former host of the Totally Rad Show!

Nice. But: ‘only on Hulu’? I had to look that (Hulu) up, and no, I’m not going to pay for yet another streamer, no matter what they show…

You had to look up Hulu? Interesting. From what I remember, it was the very first streaming service - I remember watching shows on that as far back as 2008 or so, at my previous job (back when it was just a free service). It’s as old as Netflix.

Honestly? Never heard of it. But I’m in the Netherlands, maybe that’s why?

That’s not prey that’s horizon zero dawn!

— Alan

Does it look pretty predictable? Predator gains grudging respect for native hunter after an extended game of hunter/hunted cat and mouse, then they team up against colonialists?

Not that I am against that, such that it is, but does the trailer pretty much give those broad strokes away?