Primary browser?

Works especially well with a wide screen monitor.

Opera baby. Love the speed, the simplicity, and the email client.

I love Opera, but I can’t live without Firefox’s Tree Style Tab extension anymore.

For the iPad, I use Atomic Browser.

I am interested, please tell me more.

Tree Style Tab offers nested tabs, similar to what you see in Murbella’s screenshot. I guess it’d be difficult to get by without NoScript as well; these days I just don’t feel safe without it.

This should be multiple choice. I use Safari for more things than Opera, but I do use both. Some nice add-ons have made Safari closer to Opera in convenience, though.

You’re right, IE8 does have a protected mode that’s on by default, so I guess that should be beneficial. Regardless, I don’t recall any reports that IE8 is better than FF against actual exploits. Also, protected mode only works if you’re running with UAC enabled (as I discovered when I was running without UAC on Vista).

Firefox on my workman-like work laptop and my gaming PC desktop, Chrome on my netbook. Chrome is slightly faster than Firefox on my EEE but it primarily comes down to the screen estate, as mentioned above. It’s the best fit on 1024x600.

I have no problems with Firefox on either of my other two machines though, and it never crashes, locks up, slows to a crawl or anything.

I’m mainly using Safari at the moment but even as a pretty casual browser user (addons?) I’m starting to really not like it very much. Simple things like it being a pain in the arse to manage and sort bookmarks really put me off it. Not tried Chrome for ages (pre-mac days) so I might give it another look before returning to firefox as the main browser, I only really decided to give Safari a try because of the slowness of starting up FF on both windows and a Mac compared to the built in browsers.

I recommend Pale moon to anyone that has trouble with Firefox.

I was an opera girl for a really long time. I guess I believe in biodiversity in my browsers. :p I tried. I really, really tried. But in the end I just got sick of all the pages that wouldn’t display right or not at all. So I’m Firefox now.

Firefox is still my primary browser, but I may switch to Chrome full-time some day. I like Chrome’s speed, stability, and minimal interface; and I really only use a couple of extensions on FF (Adblock & Flashblock being the key ones). If it weren’t for the fact there are still a few websites I frequent which don’t work properly with Chrome, I think I’d make the switch.

[/li]You know chrome supports userscripts out of the box, right? It has for a long time now.

What he said – no greasemonkey required. Just click the install link for whatever script you want and look at the bottom of the window :)

Also, for those interested, here are the Qt3 stats. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to support google chrome.

18.6% for IE? retch.

I actually think the 0.3% for mozilla might represent google chrome, as its base useragent is mozilla/5.0. Seems a bit low, though.

I don’t know if they have since improved it, but some personal messing around seemed to suggest that chrome support for user scripts was sketchy at best compared to firefox. Any script that made a lot of changes was slower and more likely not to work and the interface for scripts is worse as well.

Hm, yeah, looks like they added it in November, which is before I made the full switchover. I actually missed this one somehow; I’ll have to play around with it. Hopefully it has improved and my experience will be better than Murbella’s.

I suspect that Safari includes mobile devices, and possibly everything using Webkit, possibly including Chrome.