Prime Day

The original woot people remade their site as Meh.com, but it kind of feels like the “magic” is gone.

I saw a 1350VA UPS on woot just now that was a good deal

So, 4 months of Amazon Music Unlimited for 99 cents for Prime members? My guess is their interface is the terrible default Amazon one, and I’ll scurry back to Spotify, but that’s a pretty good deal.

They sure are advertising Prime Day on TV a lot this year. Last night on a show my wife was watching, today while I’m watching the World Cup and earlier during Wimbledon coverage.

I wonder if all this advertising means better deals on Prime Day or worse?

I feel like Prime Day is really just a giant A/B test for Amazon advertising. Can we get random people to buy random stuff they don’t need at prices that aren’t that much better than average on a day that we pick at random?

My wife and I have a list of a few items we want to get and a few that are necessary in the near future. Sincere Prime day is coming up, we decided to hold off onake those purchases until the sale appears.

Prime day may not get Amazon any sales, but it sure cost Home Depot and Target a few (or at least delayed them).

On a side note, but Amazon itself is becoming quite the ad revenue generator. It showed up on their most recent financials and took everyone by surprise. Advertising is now a multi-billion dollar business for them and growing fast. Makes sense: tens of millions of people looking to spend money go to Amazon every day.

Yeah, third-party sellers have the option to pay for better visibility, I believe. It’s no different than Google selling visibility for search results.

I doubt there’s any stopping Amazon at this point, other than some kind of new technology disrupting its business model.

One more site to cross reference for deals on PRIME DAY

http://besttechview.com/best-amazon-prime-day-2018-deals/

Anyone else see adds for 5 dollars off if you view specific ads.

Of course, I’m stuck in jury duty tomorrow. I’m going to miss the biggest deals!

Busy day so haven’t browsed beyond the main page, but I think this is a new low price for the Instant Pot? Probably time to (finally) pick one up.

Make RIBS!
(personally I’m making incredible enchiladas in mine tonight)

Man, you can’t drop that bomb without a follow up. Is there a recipe online you’re following?

The sauce in these takes time to come together (after the 45 mins of pressure cooking) so if you’re in a rush, use your favorite bottled sauce as a final glaze before the broiler or grill. Enjoy!

EDIT: For the Enchilada Sauce

https://i.imgur.com/IJsGS8y.gif

This’ll be me all day, because Prime Day is crap.

I stopped at the local Whole Foods and bought $10 worth of cookies, so now I have a $10 credit to spend on PRIME Day.

Pretty sure I will get an Echo Spot.

Good god, the Amazon site is being trashed. Had a few things in my cart that I was gonna get anyway but just waited to see if they went on sale today at all. But then my cart empties, the site sometimes pulls up Amazon Dogs error pages. Ugh!

I got a couple of decent looking desk chairs on sale among the other things I re-added to my cart from earlier that didn’t go on sale anyway. Tempted by a new monitor but the only ones I saw on decent mark-down were curved. Don’t really want that.

If only there was a company that could lease out spare server capacity on the fly…

Takemymoney.gif

So am I doing anything wrong? I go to the Prime Day landing page. I go to the “shop deals by interest” and click on electronics. It takes me to another landing page with only “shop all deals” on it, which in turn takes me back to the last landing page.