Privateer 2...Thoughts?

After the FMV in Skynet, the Priv2 cinematics seem downright classy. I did go back and try playing Priv2 the other day, and I was unfortunately reminded what an interface nightmare that game was.

• Alan

I’m told Starfury (recently released) is the latest best in class of this type of game, but my copy hasn’t arrived yet. :)

God, I wish someone would develop a version of Sundog that was faithful to the original and played on modern computers. I basically wore out an Apple IIe+ playing that game.

Edit: When I think about it, I don’t recall seeing Sundog on anybody’s top 50 list, and it was easily one of the best games of the mid-1980s.

You’re both wrong, its main failing was that it only had one scene with John Hurt.

I’d have to say that my fondest memories of any space combat game would be from the original Privateer days. The whole mood, enhanced by what I seem to recall as excellent music, was just perfect. I remember one planet in particular - I can’t remember the name - totally felt like like I was in a Blade Runner setting, which was a good thing.

But, when P2 came around, the whole feel of what made the original so great just seemed to go the way of the dodo. It is simply nowhere even close to being as good as the first.