Probably moving to Tokyo this month.

Where did you end up living in Tokyo in the end? I might be able to recommend a few neighborhoods based on what you want if that time comes.

A nice sunny flat near Meguro station.
Busy night district, but surprisingly quiet - there were no 24/24 factories or such - and easy to live in - 10 supermarkets, 20 conveni and about 10 times as many restaurants in a 200 meters range. Super convenient station too.
My other nice memory of Tokyo will be my Jinbocho trips: that bookstore district is amazing and totally lives up to its reputation.

Meguro’s not that bad - surprised you had such a negative experience, although I guess that’s more around when you traveled to the busy stations vs. your immediate surroundings?

If you liked Kansai you might have liked the area around Asakusa as well - I always felt that has a bit of Kansai like feel, although I personally liked living a bit more central (I spent most of my time in Tokyo living around Shimo-kitazawa and Mita)

Damn, I put a lot of points in Charisma instead. Guess I’ll stay put.

14 CON is a bare-minimum. Negative WIS is also an advantage, overall?

If you’ve read my posts here you’ll recognize that Wisdom is my dump stat.

I am only aware of those Teeth of Brightening +2 you recently got!

Where’d you end up?

I was born in Tokyo and between Mitaka and Musashi-Sakai I lived there for about 10 years… 5 years in Sendai.

It is indeed a wondrous place I dream of sometimes. I’m sure it would be different now I’m of working age. I haven’t been back since 1999.