Project Augustus -- Paradox

I’m just hoping for no Tactical Combat. I don’t this game would be helped by it. Detailed non-tactical combat would be my preference.

There isn’t. From the RPS article:

Ships are customisable but the creation tools aren’t a central feature. Individual ships can be seen on the map though and, in another first for Paradox, every unit can be seen during combat. There’s no direct control of the tactical situation but you’ll be able to see how your designs and combinations perform, and the debris left behind after combat can be scanned and analysed by science ships.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

edit: sorry I’m late.

BUT I MADE IT. It was that important.

“Paradox Development Studio … presents Stellaris, an evolution of the grand strategy genre with space exploration at it’s core.”

That’s all I need to know! And the release date. :)

Interesting that the ship designs in the concept art have the same front-mid-rear sections of Sword of the Stars and what look like small/medium/large turret positions.

SotS had some fantastic design decisions along with the terrible ones. The modular ship design I was initially sceptical of, but actually turned out to be a high point for me.

This sounds promising even to a space and Paradox non fanatic. Hopefully all the randomness of the game world is able to create an end product that is interesting to explore and has variety from game to game.

Actually he told me he does “half-time PR, and half-time whatever Paradox asks for him to do”, which may include design. ;)

Now that it’s officially announced, perhaps it’s time to create a new thread with the Stellaris name. Anyone want to do the honors?

Yeah, it’s quite clear from his Twitter, and 3MA, that at times he has consulted on various design elements within the company. Not in the ‘here’s some ideas, try and make them’ sense, but more an ‘here’s the design, what are your thoughts, and what can we improve’.

As it should be. He has a good mind for strategy game design :)

I think Brian should have the honors. Though he’ll probably call it “Stellaris grand strategy space game by Paradox discussy thingy”.

If someone doesn’t get on this soon, I’m just gonna make a thread myself:

“All good grand strategies go to. . . space? Steallris by Paradox”

So will this be Ancient Rome in space? :)

Why are you still over here?! GO OVER THERE!

Well because I hit reply about 30 minutes ago, then never submitted my question! :p

Hey! What’s going on in here?

STOP IT OMG

Nuke this entire thread from orbit - it’s the only way to be sure.

Are we not support to post here now? Nothing bad ever came from splitting a conversation into two totally separate parts.