Project Cars 3: need to know basis

Title Project Cars 3: need to know basis
Author Tom Chick
Posted in Game diaries
When March 1, 2021

And thus ends a month of rivals mode! Every day, right after breakfast, I booted up Project Cars 3 and spent time playing whatever rivals mode had on offer. And this morning, I was greeted with my final results for the month for February..

Read the full article

Well done, thank you so much for turning me onto this game. It really is a joy.

Correction:
“[with] a five to eight second loading time”

This was a great series. Project Cars 3 didn’t do it for me, but I enjoyed reading your adventures with it.

I still try to play it every day. Totally love it.

Yeah, it still a daily thing for me. I check out the daily rivals event with my morning coffee and then maybe do a race or two for my career. It’s the first time I’ve ever played a racing game so consistently, like doing dailies in an MMO.

-Tom

Exactly, doing the dailies are so satisfying I could see me returning to them daily for a very long time.

Heh. I did this for years (minus the coffee) with DiRT Rally and then DiRT Rally 2.0. There’s something about the concentration needed in a rally racing game that wakes up my brain even better than coffee. So doing the daily challenge in the morning is a great way to do something enjoyable and turn from a zombie into a human in the morning by turning on my brain functions.

Yep, I’ve really enjoyed following your rally racing habits. I’m tempted to put that focus into either Dirt 4 or WRC9, both of which I’ve dabbled with and both of which seem equally compelling as single-player experiences, but with different approaches to the campaign (WRC9 has a really crazy team-based progression system). To be honest, I find rally racing utterly exhausting! Whose idea was it to drive those kinds of cars that fast on those roads??? (Art of Rally was notable for how it made the process more chill by pulling back to admire the scenery.)

There are times playing Project Cars 3 I wish it had dirt racing. Like when I discovered its Group A cars and realized they’re cars I know from rally games! But then I remember how exhausting rally racing feels, or I get a taste of driving on Project Cars tracks with roads that aren’t engineered to keep the cars on the road (e.g. the stretches of California and Mediterranean coast), and I’m content with Project Cars decision to stick to paved roads.

-Tom

If I had played this in 2020, it would probably have been my game of the year.

Hey I have to thank you for this idea. I’ve been doing this before work for the last few mornings and I gotta say it puts an extra skip in my step for the rest of the day!