Project Cars 3: you've never seen a car that can do this!

Title Project Cars 3: you've never seen a car that can do this!
Author Tom Chick
Posted in Game diaries
When February 14, 2021

Today I learned about the revolutionary cooling system in a 1989 Sauber C9 Mercedes-Benz, which is the fancy racecar you drive around a canyon track in today’s rivals event. Wait, don’t go! I know it sounds boring…

Read the full article

I initially misread that as 1999 Mercedes-Benz and thought you might be talking about their attempt at a flying car:

Yikes, that’s quite the failure of airflow! Fortunately, the driver was unhurt.

-Tom

The airflow seems thick with sarcasm. :D

I would be really embarrassed if I had to admit how far I got into the article before realizing the car doesn’t actually have a unique dynamic air vent system.

You would be even more embarrassed if you’d driven several laps admiring it and then tried to Google details about it.

-Tom, to whom that totally didn’t happen

At 10 front page articles (so far), is Project Cars 3 the most covered game on Qt3!

Ha! I didn’t catch the sarcasm (or watch the video) until after I read it. Then I went to bed and I was lying there trying to figure out the origin story for all this. I couldn’t tell if it was pure cheek or based in some kind of shame. Glad to know it was the latter! :D

Well it’s good to know I’m not the only one whose engine takes a while to start.

I’m glad I watched the video first. Otherwise I would have read the article and felt kinda silly. :P

Correction:
“They’re are flapping”

To make it even more impressive, that was introduced in the middle of WWI. It was starting to go out of use by WWII as the need for more guns meant they were moved out to the wings.

Like quality assurance, technology never ceases to amaze me!

gave it away for me and watching the video …

I made an error, I am pretty early in the game and driving some shitty family car up the japan hill climb. So I bought an Audi TT for my earned cash and was ready to improve my times in the Japan hill climb. Funny, only Japanese cars are allowed. Now I am short of money and not sure how to progress. Can you sell cars? I bet there is a speedy japanese car somwhere on the market…

Well, there are some events that only allow German cars, so that Audi will come in handy.

But, yes, you can sell cars. You can also make just as much money playing custom races as you can doing the career. The main difference is that the career a) advances your career by unlocking objectives, and b) gives you the additional xp awarded for meeting those career objectives.

But most of the xp you earn, and therefore the money you earn, is just from driving.

-Tom