PSP Recommendations?

Lumines is nothing like Tetris, at all.

I don’t know if you can buy SoTN standalone, but it’s included in Castelvania Dracula X Chronicles, along with the original and re-made Rondo of Blood. It’s a nice Castlevania package, well worth it.

I’m playing Valkyria Chronicles 2 now, which I’d recommend, with the caveat that the story it pretty anime-y. But the gameplay is completely solid.

My understanding is that the strategic elements of Patapon 2 are better than the first, but I didn’t enjoy the first especially.

If you haven’t played Fieldrunners on another platform, get it from PSN.

I think the second one is supposed to be more accessible, but yeah this was a game I wanted to like more than I did. The art and music are top notch, I’m just not good at the game.

I’ll throw out Mega Man Powered Up and Maverick Hunter X as games worth playing. I’m genuinely sad we didn’t get more games like them on PSP.

I’m currently playing Ys: Oath of Felghana, which is a remake of Ys III. I like it, though the boss fights are too tough! I’d be ok, but the thumbstick hurts my thumb when I play too long, and the boss fights are intense. Luckily, if you lose a few times, it lets you temporarily lower the difficulty, which I do so that I can move on :). But I like the game.

A lot of good recommendations already, so I’ll just second FFT.

My new recommendation is to get a PSP Go and sync a Dual Shock 3 with it.

Wow.

Not having to use the still fairly uncomfortable analog nub makes a world of difference to controlling games comfortably.

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd is dominating all my time right now. Not PSP time, not gaming time, just time in general.

I don’t know if it’ll ever come out in the West, though, so my recommendation instead goes to Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.

Yes you can buy SOTN on PSN for PS3/PSP. It’s basically an iso of the PS1 game.

Just replayed Marvel Trading Card game this morning. I almost forgot how absorbing the SP component of the game. I think you can easily find the game in the bargain bins nowadays.