PSP tips for noobs

I’m the proud owner of a brand-new PSP and I must say - my thumbs are aching and my mind is spinning from the 2-hour Lumines session I just enjoyed… What a great way to get started with my PSP! Next I plan to watch the U2 Rattle and Hum video I bought… good stuff!

Anyhow, I’m looking for advice on what sort of case to get to carry the little memory sticks and game disks, as well as any other must-have accesories… I plan to use it to play game and listen to music on the airplane as well as when I’m driving the family and don’t want to listen to The Wiggles. It will also double as a portable movie player for my daughter to watch The Incredibles or whatever she thinks is cooler than what her little brother is watching on the portable DVD player…

Game case:

Like a glove i tells ya.

Does that really work?

I like to use the Logitech Playgear Street when I feel like carrying everything (six UMD’s and three memorysticks). I take the Joytech Travel Case, when I just carry it in my coat pocket.

Until recently I used a pair of Shure E2c earphones, but now I use a pair of Plantronic Bluetooth headphones, because I get to hear my mobile, even when I’m playing. The ones that comes with the PSP are fine, though (but nothing more… and the wrong colour).

Like you wouldn’t believe.

Yes and no.

Works fine for 3 games. Doesn’t work at all for 4 or 5 games. Over time (2 or 3 weeks), one of the top 4 or 5 games breaks. I’ve seen it happen to three different people.