PSP vs DS w/twist: which has better narratives?

And it’s definitely not the puzzles that are difficult. Those are pretty easy. It’s just finding out where the hell they are.

Still, if you don’t mind nosing through GameFAQs while you play, it’s got some great characters in it.

PSP homebrew is a matter of hacking the firmware on your PSP, which fundamentally doesn’t require anything more specialized than a $5 USB cable and a computer and internet connection you almost certainly already have. Depending on the PSP model and firmware, it can get a little spendier than that, but I can’t find a decent DS homebrew setup for less than ~$60, and most of 'em more than that.

If you get a PSP now, you need a pandora’s battery, which you’d have to buy from eBay or borrow from a friend. Even old fat model PSP’s are going to have 3.3 or higher, which can’t be hacked with just software.

Ah, right. I don’t know anybody with a PSP, let alone a Pandora’s Battery, so it looks like neither platform would be easier to hack.

I’ll keep Hotel Dusk in mind for non-portable gaming (i.e. where I have access to Gamefaqs), then.

The Metal Gear Acid series boast good stories. All the detail of the Metal Gear Solid games, only half the utter incomprehensibility.

They’re also pretty decent games, as an added bonus.

Yes it can. Gotta have a copy of Lumines, though. (not exactly a hardship.) And not one of the ones they released after that particular hack came to light.

But really, with PSPs I strongly recommend buying used, particularly on eBay where the firmware revision is usually listed. If it’s newer than, I think, 3.51 or so you don’t want it.

PSP slims come with 3.6. Even fats have been preloaded with 3.52 for a while.

You said 3.3. You can hack above 3.3. shrugs

It’ll cost you a lot more than that to track down some of the games to play on formats other than the dead floppies some of us were still storing. Well, assuming you want to keep it on the lighter side of grey…

Once you have everything setup, the DS works better for pointing and clicking.

Well, I just play 'em on PC, myself.