Psychonauts 2!

Weird a Tim Shafer game is massively delayed???

All right, you guys do your thing, I’ll just check back with this thread in a few days.

You guys make fun out of a place of love, right? That’s the way it is with me. Psychonauts was so massively delayed, but turned out so good. Brütal Legend took a long time, and had some flaws, but it introduced me to a wonderful new world of metal. But since then all their small games have been a pretty steady flow. The Starbase game angered some people, I understand, but overall their small games have been done fast and been quite good.

To me a delayed Psychonauts 2 is a good portent! At least that’s how I’m going to interpret it.

I think Tim Shafer is a brilliant designer and decent-to-good writer who desperately needs to have at least 3 people over him in the company hierarchy who can tell him what to do without getting questioned.

Totally. I love pretty much everything Double Fine has done.

No, I’m serious, you guys do your thing, I ain’t even mad. I’m just not totally interested in doing another session of “Hai guise, Tim is so sloooo!” So I’m going to need to figure out how to turn off notifications on this thread or something.

Sounds good, mate!

Of course, direct replies to you probably still generate a notification.

Not that I’d be enough of an asshole to do that.

More than, like, three times today.

Not if you mute the thread.

I’m probably not disappointed to read that!

Hey, did you guys hear that a Tim Schafer game is delayed? It’s Psychonauts 2 and supposed to now be out this year.

Well, I exposed an exploitable weakness on the Internet. I don’t know what I expected to happen.

It’s not the time that fans should be worried about, it’s whether they’ll need to release half the game and beg for more money again. One of those people Schafer needs above him is an accountant.

If it never gets released, you can never be disappointed in it. Which is my biggest fear, really. Psychonauts is pretty much the best video game ever made (nobody disputes this, at least, nobody I pay any attention to), so a sequel almost has to be disappointing. I didn’t even like Broken Age, and I ate up all that Monkey Island stuff back in the day. (I thought Thimbleweed Park was much better than Broken Age, warts and all).

Find someone who has a VR rig and The Rhombus of Ruin. It picks up right where the original left off with all the charm intact. It’s given me faith that P2 will work.

I think I was trying to forget that exists, since I’ll never get to play it. I don’t know anybody who has a VR rig, much less a PS-VR one.

I guess I will eventually have to buy a PSVR just so that I can play that game. Sadly, I’m the only person I know who has a PS4, so I can’t even try to convince someone to get PSVR, since I’d have to first convince that someone to get a PS4.

I kind of did. Technically, I allowed my son to convince me to spring for one for Christmas. But it’s the only game I have played through.

All hail Will Wright.

Got my backer t-shirt today!