Puerto Rico Thread

I am not afraid to admit I didn’t even know Tsunamis were a thing in the Caribbean.

Turns out that they issued an advisory, but now say that PR should be safe.

Which racist is this guy a sockpuppet for?

No clue, but what a way to flame out. Just go full on hateful asshole on your very first post.

Under what conditions does a post get flagged and hidden? I’ve yet to see that message until now.

I think it’s if a bunch of folks flag it. It was showing up like that by the time I saw it.

Wasn’t there some nutjob dude who was here a short while ago and got banned repeatedly? I forget exactly who it was though. Might have been some guy in the essential oils thread though.

Usually they get deleted, so you never see the messages. This one is just flagged, so you’re able to view the content.

Said dude made accounts for months afterwards and sent me PMs.

But you know, he’s not pathetic or anything. I felt the lack of his patheticality after he made the 6th account.
Thankfully it seems they finally put an end to it.

Noice.

Was it the essential oils thread? I honestly don’t recall where it was… just that it was some crazy dude. I think he actually yelled at me personally, which is why I recall it, but it phased me so little that I don’t recall his name or the context at all… I’m just guessing it was the essential oil thread because so many nuts show up there.

I recall that as well

I think so? There was also a P&R thread he was crapping in, but I want to say it started in essential oils.
Then again that was several months and nearly a dozen accounts ago. Add in me ultimately not really caring and I couldn’t say for sure.

That doesn’t narrow the field much

I’d be more surprised if I hadn’t seen War Dogs.

When I saw that my first thought was why didn’t they buy $30 million of MRE? At government bulk rates they could have gotten an amazing amount of meals. With heaters.

Yep. This.

I have neighbors from Puerto Rico who are quite active in the local community. The level of anger they have towards Trump is pretty intense. You guys know how much I cant stand the man, imagine that multiplied by a hundred.

I mean, know Trump doesn’t care because of his racism but Republicans can scratch off yet another group of people who used to be potential conservative voters but who are now die hard Democratic for at least a generation.

On further thought I would not doubt the reason they are not having MRE’s shipped in (after the supply constraints due to Harvey and Irma subsided) is because the administration didn’t want high quality nutrition going to those people.

"A rat infestation closed down a government office in Kissimmee that was storing donations destined for Puerto Rico, contaminating boxes of supplies that were never sent to the island.

The office of the Puerto Rico Federal Affairs Administration “does not have the budget to finance the shipping costs” of the supplies, according to PRFAA’s executive director Carlos Mercader. He added that previous efforts to send the boxes of water, food and other supplies through other organizations “have been unsuccessful.”"