Punchable YouTube "celebrities"

Your point is a good one. Just, you know, kinda sucks things are that way.

It always has been that way in the US. The whole idea is that if you are poor and exploited, Go West. Sure, the frontier closed in 1901. But its in the cultural DNA. And none of the working/lower class want to sacrifice the possibility that they could “Go West”. Metaphorically speaking.

AKA The American Dream. Hunter Thompson had a lot to say about that.

He is missed.

Surprise surprise. Jake Paul’s Dad is a horrible person as well:

Keemstar also cites issues with Greg Paul’s behavior. “He’s calling people ‘whores’ and ‘cunts’ and, you know, derogatory terms at work,”

Keep in mind they work with underage kids.

I may or may not have a justice boner: https://www.dailydot.com/upstream/youtube-taylor-goldblatt-robbed/

In his vlog, he blamed himself for making himself a target through social media and letting the wrong people into his life, who he says set him up for the robbery. During the invasion, Goldblatt said the men explicitly told him he shouldn’t be showing off his wealth on his YouTube channel.

I’d say there is a low-to-pretty good chance that he hired the “robbers” himself in the interests of boosting his notoriety, if it happened at all. Do robbers tend to dispense wise words of wisdom when robbing a “celebrity”, especially if they underline his brand image?

What the hell is with people?

https://www.dailydot.com/upstream/arab-andy-bomb-threat-livestream/

From the Polygon article:

So this is a “thing” now?
You can get cash and loads of attention for being a sociopath.
I’m guessing someone will figure out a way to stop this kind of shit?

It’s a felony. I’m thinking prison time for those involved will be a nice message.

If I understand it correctly, the guy making the video didn’t do the bomb thing. It was some dude who donated a few bucks, which plays a message of their choice over the guy’s phone.

The guy is an idiot for using this as a way to make money, but I don’t think he was the one who intended to scare people with a bomb threat?

The “technically not doing anything wrong” is a bullshit excuse for Arab Andy.

Possibly correct but they have him saying this:

As the YouTuber suddenly found himself in an empty hallway, he repeated to himself, “Holy shit.” He later said, “Dude, you can not get a better reaction than that … That was not on purpose … I made a whole crowd fucking run for their lives. That is intense.”

That’s gonna show up in court and it doesn’t make him look good.

Also

In a recent video, Arab Andy nearly got into an altercation with passengers on a bus after a text-to-speech message on his phone repeatedly said the N-word.

They’re gonna dig through everything he’s ever done and throw the book at him for this I suspect.

If he was a dumb white kid maybe he gets away with probation or the like. Maybe. He isn’t one.

They’ll also very likely go after whoever made the donation and hit them with the entire library.

So I suppose Pogo now counts for this thread. He went on a long, vile rant against homosexuals, and I just can’t listen to his admittedly very good music without those words bouncing around in my head.

Yeah “I was just trying to provoke reaction” is bullshit.

Yeah, that’s just, you know, wow. I don’t know what to say. There’s no walking that back.

Jesus fuck what the hell

Punch them all in their faces.

Interesting story here

On the one hand, I can understand the pressure that top content creators feel. Every single minute they’re not creating/posting content or interacting with viewers is lost money. And since most of them have never had jobs before, they don’t necessarily know how to balance home/work life.

On the other hand, welcome to having a job, kid. Anyone who thinks they can do one thing forever and always love it is due for a reckoning at some point.

The worst thing you can do to a human is give them exactly what they want.