Punchable YouTube "celebrities"

No one’s “reveling in death” only pointing out that it’s not an entirely unrealistic consequence of the pattern of behaviour. There was revelry in Rob Ford’s death and would be in the event of a grisly Trump cabinet accident.

Yes, eating pictures of PPD for social media video views IS vacuous attention whoring, amplified.

In my opinion, the penalty for attention whoring should not be death. I understand that might sound a little strange, but I’m weird that way.

While I’m not celebrating anything, I feel like it’s fair to see this as an application of the old adage: play stupid games, get stupid prizes.

If you screw around with dangerous activities, nobody should be surprised if they end up being, well, dangerous.

“A man’s game charges a man’s price.”

It’s unclear if they were “on the clock” for this hike, that is, were they making an exxxxtreme hike video and taking exxxxtreme hiking risks on purpose? It doesn’t seem that they were based on the news accounts?

Youtube has ruined TV
Twitch has ruined video games
Twitter has ruined politics
Facebook has ruined friendships
Instagram has ruined vacations

I hate people like these vloggers. Who are “living life to the fullest” by disregarding rules and giving 0 shits about the places they visit. Their trips are about them, and not the locations. For instance, their visit to Yellowstone, where they went off path to the prismatic spring, risking ruining the delicate spring for everyone. It is selfish and stupid.

I don’t take any joy in their deaths though. But, people who think that safety fences are for those who don’t “live life to the fullest” have to live and die with that risk. They didn’t deserve to die, but their dangerous behavior put them in this position.

Seriously though, fuck people filming themselves on phones in national parks walking out past the fencing and signs. Youtube vlogs are full of this entitled B.S.

I thought it was interesting reading the comments of that news story about the poachers that were eaten by a pack of lions. Where is the line? It is ok for us to cheer the deaths of the poor africans who risked their lives to make money for their family?

That had me really fucked up for a bit. As the poachers end up typically being poor people looking for work to supplement their income, or food to provide for their families. The real villians are the Asian cartels and gangs that run the black market.

The evil that men do lives after them; the good is oft interred with their bones.
–William Shakespeare

This is like nature implementing my plan for deadly traps.

According to an arrest warrant obtained by BuzzFeed News, detectives were called to Rylett’s Orange County hotel room on the morning of Aug. 16, after Rylett allegedly verbally abused the girl, demanding she undress in front of him against her will and “practice wrapping her breasts down, to make them appear smaller for the video shoot.” According to the report, the girl, who is under 16, claims Rylett touched her breasts and fondled her while repeatedly making her undress, eventually attempting to forcefully remove her underwear. The arrest report also alleges that Rylett “threatened to use the contract to fine her if she did not comply with his demand.” Rylett pleaded not guilty to the charges at an arraignment last month. He has surrendered his passport and will stand trial later this year. Rylett’s lawyer did not respond to requests for comment.

(cough)

Is there a more narcissistic self selected term than ‘influencer’? Da fuk?! I try not to yell at clouds and think that if you can get paid doing something no matter how silly then more power to you. But then I read about fake sponsors and influencers and I’m not sure if it’s hilarious or horrible.

“If someone who is 20 years old watching YouTube or Instagram sees these people traveling with brands, promoting brands, I don’t see why they wouldn’t do everything they could to get in on that.”

Because… they’re NOT a vacuous halfwit?

“Affluencer”?

The stupid of this entire social media platforming is just beyond the pale.

I know. I’m glad I’m not afflicted by it.

To be fair, corporations made up that term for YouTubers, streamers and the like to differentiate them from the media.

The penalty for attention whoring should be that you are no longer allowed to wear pants.

Or only wear choggle pants.

That’s just gross!