Puns that can retire now

I guess this thread is as good a place as any to mention how pathetic I think it is that the apparent gold star if you’re a marketing drone is to come up with a slogan for a product or service that has a double meaning. Hahaha, yes Progressive auto insurance! It is about time, both the spatial allocation thereof and the commentary on how long people have gone without insurance that claims it’s cheaper than everyone else (because nobody does that - ok, Allstate doesn’t care)!

If we can get rid of certain rhymes, I think I know the winner. I had a girlfriend that worked as a reader for those bogus poetry contests, where they give awards to anything people send in, then sell them a vanity press book containing the “winning” entries. She said they had a poster up in the office that had the words “Life & Strife” with a line through them. By far, those were the two most rhymed words in all of the bad poetry.

How dare you attempt to diminish the career of Chico Escuela!

I do not think it means what you think it means.

And… um… well… err… door hinge?

• Alan

And never get into a land war in… uhh… that one place!

SHIT!

I could’ve sworn those were “world” and “unfurled”.

Only in poems about my cock.

"Its length and girth bestride the world/'Cross seas and rivers, once unfurled/Bringer of the seed of life/through toil and torment, grief and strife.

nope: Stop that rhyming I mean it.

Anybody want a peanut?

Well, sorta

extar wins.

“You think you’re too cool for school but I got news for you…you’re not!”

more like gravedigger. he wants to berry bad puns.