Purple heart disrespecting by rnc

Because Chet is rapidly reminding me why I don’t post here, let me make one last attempt to be clear…

Neither is Morton Blackwell.

He also isn’t president which I guess makes him home free!!!

But the people you listed have no direct relationship with the party, nor were they allowed in a high security area, nor were they voted on by their fellow party memebers. But I guess for you - it is either president, or bum off the street, no shades in-between.

Do you honestly mean to tell me you can see no difference between someone elected as a delegate, a well known, long time proponent of the republican party versus someone whose politics you don’t know, but who wrote a book?

I am sure you will say I am flinging poo here, this is the standard mo by the right on these forums, you say the crazy, have no backing on your allegations, make so obviously insane of an arguement that numerous people point it out in wonderment that you would make it - so now it will be a pile on and or poo flinging.

Congrats!!!

Chet

http://slate.msn.com/id/2087554/

Any disrespecting of his medals was done by him already. It’s incredibly hypocritical to accuse Republicans of mocking medals that John Kerry supposedly threw over a wall decades ago in an anti-war symbol.

Neither is Morton Blackwell.[/quote]

“Delegate” is kind of what I meant by “party staffer.”

Yep, the poo-flinging is impressive isn’t it.

You guys sound like you’re new to political discussions. Poo-flinging? Give me a break.

FWIW, I don’t see how any reasonable person wouldn’t be offended by the delegates mocking Kerry’s medals. Even if you hate the man, ridiculing his military service is absolutely reprehensible.

And Squirrel Killer, you invite a dogpile when you suggest that Nicholson’s play a) is an official Democratic production and b) advocates assassination.

Your reaction when someone points out something disrespectful being doing by Republicans is to quickly counter with something disrespectful and stupid being done by a Democrat? One doesn’t necessary have anything to do with the other. And it certainly doesn’t justify the other. So if it bothers you, go start a new thread rather than pretending its a rejoinder to these dumbass delegates with their insulting band-aids.

-Tom

I’m sorry, but Republicans of all flags make no bones about mocking and questioning Kerry’s service, and 2 Bush staffers have resigned for illegally “advising” the Swift Boat group, which is funded entirely by Republican money. The attempt to discredit Kerry as a war veteran, who at the very least outdid Bush in the “sacrifice” department by heading into battle and putting himself in harm’s way, is a central part of the re-election strategy, regardless of whether you or Bush care to acknowledge it publically or not.

If you don’t believe me, then I’ll leave it to you to explain why there’s an entire section devoted to “what really happened” in Vietnam in RushLimbaugh.com’s Anti-“F-ing”-Kerry “Stack of Stuff:”

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/menu/fstack.guest.html

i denounce the play/book/whatever the f that has a guy talking about killing the president, written by a guy who is or isn’t a democratic delegate/official/member/whatever.

the purple heart band aids at the convention are pretty insulting to anyone with any sort of feeling. like has been said above, if the democrats tried to do something like that the republicans would have the rhetoric set to bitchslap on every talk show. the fact that it was done at their convention and with the recent ‘he didn’t bleed enough’ accusations makes it worse.

I have not been entirely clear, and for that I apologize.

My point, my entire point, is that although Blackwell’s actions were petty, stupid, and reprehensible, party officials moved quickly to stop Blackwell’s antics. I wouldn’t say that the Republican Party should be commended for stopping him, but they at least deserve to not be condemed with as broad a brush as Charles uses.

Charles went, in my opinion, way over-the-top in condeming the entire party due to the actions of an individual (and the indivdual delegates that took Blackwell’s bandages.) That is why I went and found a couple of quick examples of Democrats/Anti-Bush/Liberals acting stupid and sarcastically condeming the entire Democratic Party. My sarcasm fell flat, maybe I should get lessons from Chet.

As to the issue that Blackwell, as a delegate, is a spokesperson for the entire RNC, please. Delegates, to both conventions, are those that are zealous enough, rich enough, and have enough free time to do it. Virtually anyone can become a delegate with a little effort. Come on, this guy is a delegate…

…I’m relatively sure the Democratic Party doesn’t want him speaking for them nationwide (at least, not before clearing whatever he said.) The national conventions are full of zealots and blindly devoted zombies, that’s why no one pays any attention (beyond a little lip service) to the platforms that come out of them.

Are you fucking kidding? The delegates at the RNC are the ones powering the party right now. Hell, all those wacko fundy Christians and pro-life nutjobs in the crowd passing measures like a complete ban on abortions ARE the party.

BTW, where the hell is the American media when the Republicans pass this sort of crazy stuff? RNC delegates just passed, overwhelmingly, a measure supporting a constitutional amendment that would ban all abortions. They also called for bans on gay marriage and even refused to endorse measures to protect gays from discrimination.

And where did I hear about this? On the CBC national news, where it was a big story last night. It’s sickening that the media is focusing on the big speeches and the staged moderate crap while this stuff flies under the radar. Yeah, you can dig all this information up, but let’s be honest, most people don’t look for this sort of thing. They’ll be voting Republican in November and not even realizing that they’re supporting the most right-wing, meanspirited regime in the history of the USA.

I’m fairly conservative, and really worry about how a Kerry White House would do fighting terror (especially after just finishing Ghost Wars, and realizing just how badly Clinton messed things up), but I would sooner vote for fucking Pol Pot than George W. Bush.

John Kerry has the right to do whatever the hell he wants with his medals. He earned them. He earned that right, with his service and his blood. Morton Blackwell, with respect to the purple heart, has earned nothing but our contempt.

John Kerry has the right to do whatever the hell he wants with his medals. He earned them. He earned that right, with his service and his blood. Morton Blackwell, with respect to the purple heart, has earned nothing but our contempt.[/quote]
They weren’t his (Kerry’s) medals. It was, apparently, a purely symbolic gesture. Besides, monocle popping on either side of the purple hearts o’ Kerry debate is pretty pointless. He served his country in time of war in the line of fire, and apparently did so honourably if not spectacularly. Bush supporters and their ill-bred lackeys can get as vicious as they want, but it still comes off to most normal people just another Lord Farquad giant castle…“Do you think he’s compensating for something?”.
Either way, it’s a mistake for Republicans to go after that facet of Kerry, just as it’s a mistake on Kerry’s part to dredge it up continuously after being pretty well behaved about it since that whole “all my peers are war criminals thing” in the 70’s. As yet another, hopefully final misplaced movie analogy, I offer Walter from the Big Lebowski. That’s what big John is starting to sound like, +/- one or two black market toes.

Except he never said such a thing.

Except he never said such a thing.[/quote]

It’s funny how people constantly attack him for something he didn’t say - he never said every soldier was a war criminal, and it would be impossible to get that interpretation without a lack of intelligence, deliberate misunderstanding, or never having heard the actual comments - but none of them ever, ever seem to directly address things like the Tiger Force incidents, recently exposed through the Toledo Blade’s pulitzer winning coverage.

The evilness of the Republicans is that they can get people to believe easily checked lies.

Shh… don’t point out the post is in error, you will get nailed for poo flinging and piling on…

Chet

Guys, don’t post straight after another liberal post- it’ll be called a dogpile as well.

I think you made a mistake:

It should be: