Q.U.B.E. 2 (Quick Understanding of Block Extrusion 2)

I saw the original on my “to play” backlog list as I was doing some spring game cleaning and wondered what the developers were doing. And behold they are making a sequel!

Did anyone play the first game or it’s director’s cut? Howlongtobeat tells me the game is only 3-4 hours long, so I am installing it now.

There were not many posts in the first game’s qt3 thread.

Q.U.B.E. 2 site and a tiny picture of the new game. :p

I finished the first QUBE a few months ago, it was just ok…

Here is a new trailer for QUBE2!

Launch Trailer:

Looks way better than the first one, and perhaps the story will be ok this time?

I haven’t played the first one, but my son and daughter did. Both enjoyed the puzzling minus apparently a few frustrating puzzles with magnets.

I got q.u.b.e.2 on a whim yesterday on Xbox and have been having fun with it. The puzzling has a strong Portal like vibe so far and there is a constant dialog between your character and another making me interested in learning more.

I lack context not having played the first game, but the story doesn’t seem to assume too much prior knowledge.

I’m not far enough to judge the game, but I’d say it’s looking good. I’ll report once I’ve got a few more chapters under my belt.

I’ve been playing this game on and off when I want a quiet puzzling break and have been enjoying it quite a bit. The puzzle options have grown from the original block extrusion concepts in interesting ways. While the story is not full of twists and turns, it is intriguing enough to keep me puzzling and discovering new tidbits.

Having played through most of the first Q.U.B.E. by now, this is a more polished and interesting experience. It’s not Portal 3, but it’s good as it’s own thing.

I completed the game this weekend and would recommend it. I think it’s best played on and off than in very long sessions.

There is a good variety to the puzzles. It produces those satisfying “ah ha!” moments. The story, light as it is, also has a nice subtle thread running through it.

If you played the first game, this one refines its mechanics and adds new ones. It also does away with the annoying dark rooms. But it’s not very different. If you burned out on the first game (which is, in fairness, a cruder project), this one might not be for you either.

But, all in all, I had a good time exploring the world and solving the challenges. Thiumbs up from me.

Lots of new owners now that its in the recent humble monthly.

I almost picked it up during the winter sale.

I got a copy from the Humble Monthly and another on Xbox through GwG - somebody is trying to tell me something.

The design of the puzzles in this game are so frustrating. The puzzles stay too easy for too long, and right about the time I finally reach a couple I actually have to think about for a minute they start requiring mild platforming/agility checks I’m just not interested in performing in a game like this. This is one of those games that would have been better if my character were a non-entity.

Anyway, I made it halfway through chapter 8 or 9 (whatever comes after Fall of Man) before not wanting to deal with the added layer of trying to figure out if a solution is supposed to include an agility check or not. I’m not sure how far along that is, but I think I got this game free with Xbox GW so I don’t mind uninstalling with the game unfinished.

The game had a lot of potential, but they need to introduce better puzzles earlier in the experience, and leave out the agility checks.

That’s the stage where I quit. I just kept going through level after level after level where they’re no challenge yet, and just got tired of it.