Qt3 AFL 2021 (Still Semi-Pro, Still Semi-Interesting)

I’m keeping Trubiski, Darnold, Derrick Henry, and Dalvin Cook which is exactly 0.

You got ripped off

Reminder.

Came here to ask!

Good call to delay as long as possible. Lots of clear fantasy favorites went down this preseason.

So last year I missed the draft due to unfortunate timing with kids bedtime, and with the #1 pick ended with Christian MCCaffery who… spent most of the year injured. Everything is saying he should be the #1 pick this year too, based on projections but… man. Most of my top 5 picks missing half or more of the games last year has me really not loving that. But there’s no way he only plays 3 games again this year, right?

I just picked him up for the highest player price by a decent margin in an auction draft so that’s where I stand on him.

Obviously health is going to be a wild card in football, but he just gets so much volume…

Yeah, I just don’t love RBs in fantasy since they tend to be much more likely to pick up injuries.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m almost certainly going to take him, I’ll just be unhappy about it. If he stays healthy he is a solid bet to be worth it. But losing 4 of my top 5 picks (because the fantasy autodraft loved them some RBs way more than it should) spent 8 or more games out last year. So I have a bit of a thing about them currently.

DAMN YOU KENYAN DRAKE! Worst 3rd round pick ever.

Ooh so soon

We doing a chat or discord or anything during the draft or just updating this thread with any self-imposed shame or mocking?

Looks like I’ll be auto-drafting today. I tried doing a custom order, but without context I’m not sure how much help that’s going to be. Should at least get my first pick right, after that who knows?

This will be my second (of three) drafts this weekend. Should be fun, unlike last year I’ll have time to get some picks I actually manage.

There’s a chat built into the Yahoo client IIRC. How many of us are live vs autodrafting?

Draft room has opened.

bill-o-reilly-we-will-do-it-live

Did I note a “Grrr” after my first pick?

Doh my bad, thought it was 4:30, already on pick 13! hah, oh well :)

Yep! Wanted Henry. :)

Not bad. I’ll take it for now. Better than my auto-draft last year.

Fairly happy too. I really wanted Kamara and then Kelce, but no way was I going to get both anyway.

Josh Allen is really my big dice roll this year.

I did the gamble roll on my backup QB, T-Law (sorry for the joke, I mean “he who wishes to be called Trevor.”) Not that he’s a gamble in the way he plays, but a rookie QB, first year in the league? Yeah, that’s a dice roll. I wish him luck.

I did try to take a bigger mix of divisions this year so as to not get saddled with too many players in the low scoring division, status. Wishing luck to the NFC East, too.