QT3 Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer Tournament (iOS)

I’ll play. JonathanFly on GC.

SpectreCollie on Game Center.

My contracts are done for the moment, and I’ve actually progressed to the point in this game where I just get “beaten” instead of “completely destroyed.” I’m in.

Count me in! Orsson on Game Center.

Count me in! Iamagiantnerd on game center.

The list of participants should be caught up to here, please scan the list for your name (it’s sorted by QT3 poster tag) and let me know if I missed anybody.

The amount of interest has been astounding. In my best-case scenario, I had hoped for 16 players, expecting between 8 and 12; we’re now at 26. There are a couple of more days left before registration closes, and perhaps we’ll reach the magical number of 32 (if we’re off either way, no worries, a few play-in games / byes will take care of it).

The plan is to have an “Alternative Winner’s Bracket”, also a double-elimination tourney, once 16 players drop out of the main pool. Each player should therefore be able to play a minimum of 4 games, and probably more if you win one or two :)

Woot!

I’m in.

Spasticon on Gamecenter

Yip! Smallbutwirey on gamecenter

~~

Registration will end Friday midnight (PST), followed by the initial brackets shortly after. There are a few spots left – 3 to be exact, and then we’ll have 32 players!

Count me in!

USMC Kato on Gamecenter

Long time lurker, I’m USMC Kato at GT/OO (obviously =D)

I can vouch for Kato, don’t worry about his 1 post count :P

With under 12 hours to go, we have one spot remaining! Will we fill out our roster, or will one lucky player advance by default, the two sweetest words in the English language?

Justin Fletcher advances to the second round, winning easily against [BLANK].

For the rest of us, the initial brackets using GameCenter IDs are available here and here. The second link is the loser’s bracket, included only for the sake of completeness at this point. The brackets and the following guidelines will also be in the first post of the thread.

Guidelines:

• Remember you’ll need to add your opponent on GameCenter if you haven’t already :-)

• Since there aren’t any timestamps, game ids, or anything else to help determine which game is which, please allow the first player in each match to create the game request. For example, in match 1): MonkeyPunky v. tomwchick, MonkeyPunky should create the game.

• Matches should be one game, with the finals being best two out of three. I know the draw can be a little random, but that’s Ascension, and it’d be nice to finish up before winter sets in.

• Let’s shoot for two turns a day if possible. In the event that one player doesn’t submit a turn over a 3-4 day span, please inquire gently via PM or in this thread. After a couple more days without activity, we’ll move his/her opponent to the next round.

• Either player can report the result of the match in this thread; but please, at least one of you do so. Point totals are optional but potentially amusing. In the event of a draw, please play again.

• Good luck and have fun!

Aw, man, Fletcher is the last guy to need a lucky break. Sheesh.

Thanks for setting this up, Diddums!

-Tom

Suck it, [BLANK]! I’m on a roll!

Thank you for organizing this Diddums! I bet it moves along at a brisk pace, at least in the first round.

I think Hypnotoad/seventimessix just beat the hell out of me only yesterday. Yikes!

Bleh. Out in the first round.

Iamagiantnerd is defeated by Smallbutwirey

Good game!

Well played, iamagiantnerd! I had some lucky early draws and a spot of the old ultraviolence on a variety of giant beasties got me over the line. Final score:

iamagiantnerd: 66 (20 on the board, 46 in hand)
smallbutwirey: 77 (44 on the board, 33 in hand)

Abrandt wins 72-63. Dang!

Had a lucky start with that All-Seeing Eye being in play almost the whole game. I also had a pretty heavy Enlightened deck going which let me churn through my deck to find the cards I wanted as well as banish those top mechana constructs that would have let you crush me. Seems like you had some frustratingly tough draws in the mid-game too.

Good game!

vegasrobb cheated and stole my hadron link device on the second to last turn. ;)

87-57 in his favor