QT3 battlestations and/or home office?

BTW everyone’s setup is awesome. Thanks y’all for sharing.

I love how most of your categories are some variation of “I need to play these soon”.

That’s the only thing that seems to work for me.

Not sure why it looks this yellow (the walls are tan/beige), but the lighting is certainly not white. My mess of a setup. No HOTAS or anything (hence the xbox diagrams for Elite), my Dark Crystal Pop! collection, and my papercraft Unseen University across the top there.

Nice Pops dude! Love the pic on the monitor too. ;)

@jpinard it’s 2560x1440. i sold my 4k monitor today because i can’t see at its resolution. the taskbar is set to ‘use small icons.’

''Tis very pretty. Yea I just don’t get how people can use 4K resolution on anything but a gargantuan screen as stuff is microscopic at times depending on how the render the interface and fonts.

Hoes does it work for non-native resolutions? I’ve had a 2560x1600 screen for 10 years and playing any non native is horrendous. It’s like someone took my glasses as a cruel joke then further stomped on them to force me to watch blurry unreadable screens.

I’d be curious about that as well: I have been blown away by the Retina thing on Apple’s screens. I assumed it was marketing, but in practice, pretty much any resolution looks native, or very nearly so, on them. Does the 4k thing achieve the same on Windows?

.#Hahahahahaha

Ok, tbh, I haven’t seen 4K but 2560, but I have not seen Windows manage scaling seamlessly like MacOS. Generally on Windows it’s some combination of increasing for size plus some UI scaling, but not the kind of pixel doubling faux AA that Apple does.

Windows does true scaling, but many programs don’t support it properly and look like crap. This is slowly (very slowly) improving as high DPI displays become more common.

MacOS will do pixel-doubling at half native resolution, or it renders a very high resolution, higher than the 4k/5k monitor, and then scales it down in a supersampling manner. This more pragmatic approach has performance implications and isn’t pixel-perfect but looks pretty good at high DPI and works everywhere.

Can’t see my keyboard, that’s alright.

Also the desk is old and I think I can see the sag starting :)

Oh man, you might need a new desk dude.

Working from home today in my basement office:

Laptop and extra keyboard/mouse go away when I’m not working… and alternately, I switch each of the monitors from (my) desktop to the (work) laptop depending on what I need to get done.

Man I am gonna feel embarrassed as hell when I get home for lunch and take a pic of mine. . .

Nice and clean, Kyrios, real nice.

Well now we HAVE to see it. ;)

Hidden truths lead to false beauty. . .

Ahhh, what horrors lurk beneath, even in the hearts of good men.

That’s tidier than my desk, man.

This was the view from over 2 years ago before I attached 5 more headphone hooks:

5 more headphones or just hooks?
I guess I could understand someone needing 2 - one with a mike for gaming and perhaps one with better sound for listening. But why four? (& possibly 5 more??)

…both?