QT3 battlestations and/or home office?

Maybe he has ten ears!

http://i.imgur.com/Km0KhLf.gif

I had (but no longer do with the cleanup) multiple console systems (XBO and PS4) on my desk as well as still have my Mac mini so needed multiple sound inputs/outputs.

Some games don’t work with USB audio (headphone or otherwise) so that’s why I have discrete sound cards still.

I just like collecting headphones.

The complete list was:

1. ps4 gold headset
  2. corsair hs1 usb headphones (no longer own) replaced with Logitech g633
  3. sennheiser hd 230 pro
  4. audiotechnica ath-m50x
  5. shure srh440 with srh840 earpads
  6. astro a30
  7. plantronics .audio 995 (annoying dot in name)
  8. wired xbox one headset

The complete list of audio devices:

1. some sort of onboard audio supremex-fi? from Asus on the mobo
  2. sound blaster zx with the dumb external dial
  3. sound blaster recon3d external thingamajiggy
  4. audio engine d1 usb dac
  5. astro mixup

I like to mess around with the virtual hrtf 3d audio in software stuff, have razersurround, blasterx lite and dolby atmos headphone installed.

as for shoehorning my gadgets into the pic, that wasn’t the case since I have 5-6 more fight sticks not pictured as well as 6 or 7 gamepads in rubbermaid boxes off to the sides.

also, I have 10 ears.

Puppy!!

Now that’s just pandering by displaying that on one’s monitor…

Old version, will have to take a new one.

New desk by Sam Posten III, on Flickr

@jpinard re: hi-dpi it really sucks, even with improvements in win10.

on 4K hidpi a lot of win32, a lot of games and shit just doesn’t work properly with regards to UI. i have to go 1:1 which makes everything teeny tiny in order for some games and apps to run properly.

Great setups! I especially like wrap around desks, but I don’t have room between my desk and the pool table to pull that off without kicking my wife’s desk out of the room.

The first thing I thought of while looking at @Daagar setup was that he must keep cool while playing video games :). I would be worried about crashing everything on the shelves the first time I slammed my fist on the desk, lol. I don’t do that much anymore at least.

How about circa '99?

Only turfed that Trinitron a year or so ago. Still got the bookshelf and the books, the chest of drawers, the TEAC AM/FM stereo amp, the speakers…

Here is my L shaped desk.

That amp looks awesome!

I kept my 15’ Trinitron around as well… I love the picture of those things, despite the silly “bar”.

I keep it pretty dim in here, with just a lamp for light and some mood lighting I got for Christmas on the back of a monitor, so the pictures may be not great (plus it’s just an iphone) but here is my PC area:

And when I turn to my right, my console/TV area.

And behind me are bookshelves full of stuff like RPG’s, books, board games, and all the stuff that completes what my wife refers to as The Nerditorium.

Here’s mine. Just a plastic Lifetime table in the garage, but it works. Haven’t gotten around to wall mounting my secondary monitor above the main one yet, but that’s the plan.

Console stuff is all inside in the living room for playing with the kids.

What’s that silver knobby thing under the monitor?

Looks like a radio amp.
Boy, have all men who have grown in the 80s the same audio hardware fetish =D

I love this. It made me laugh a lot.

It’s just the amp for the speakers. It’s overkill since I don’t use any of the other inputs or features, and the amping could be done by something much smaller, but it works and I had it lying around.

Yes! And I forgot to pull out that old TEAC amp and check what actual model it is before my daughter went to bed (it’s in her cupboard).

I’m very sad that I’m stuck with a single monitor setup. Wife doesn’t understand why two are necessary (we have a second system, so it would actually be a 3rd monitor which makes the argument worse). Thraeg doesn’t count, cause his monitor is huge.

@Scotch_Lufkin - what desk is that? We need a better one for my son, and that one is nice and deep. We currently have just a walmart/ikea whatever cheapy writing desk so it wasn’t made for depth of keyboard/monitor. I like the side table too.