QT3 battlestations and/or home office?

I’ve actually had this desk for over ten years, I got it from Staples iirc when we moved into this house. I’ve looked for it before but came up empty, I don’t think it’s something you can buy any longer. However, I’m actually looking to replace it with one that’s just even a bit deeper as well as much wider so I don’t need to use the side table on the left (which, by the way, is actually a wooden TV tray and my wife would much rather I not use it, heh). My goal is to get a second 27" display and in order to have one front and center I need a longer table.

Here is what I’m looking at:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MXZ3WLB/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I26OTYMFRPW3XD&colid=3F7F3MZ299QNQ

It’s a little taller than my desk, which is good as my new chair sits higher and I have to use 2x4’s to get the desk up a little bit more. It’s wider, as mentioned, but it’s just as deep (or maybe even an " deeper) but also it has a hand crank so I can adjust the height and even stand up while I game, which I think might be a good idea given how much time I spend at my desk.

When you have 2 kids and a 3BR house… a basement office it is! Sigh. Anyway, here’s my setup. I got a nice, electric, adjustable height desk essentially free from work as they sell them, and worked out an offer I couldn’t refuse.

The IKEA Jerker desk was the best for me with all of its modular attachments for additional storage.

Hehehehehe jerker.

If you throw your desk away does it come back?

(ba-dum-ching)

10,000 props for your wallpaper, btw.

New place, and finally a proper chair. I went and tried any I could find until I found one that wasn’t ruining my back.

My very interesting life

Both laptops are hooked up to the screen Stusser recommended me and a keyboard/mouse. I feel so smart for thinking about it and setting it up.

I need a proper space for the Mac, and to just buy a real desktop PC instead of using dying laptops lying on top of cardboard boxes (the single reason it isn’t lying on the floor is simply because I wanted the cables to be as short as possible and the HDMI is 1-meter long).

I had to grab a desk as quickly as I could, and the offer was outrageously bad for any price range, so I just grabbed the cheapest (30$) thing that fitted my height requirements and assembled it. I learned a lot in the process: I’ll know to consider my keyboard’s dimensions (even its height) when choosing an appropriate desk.

What isn’t shown: I have to use 2 different keyboard configurations for the same keyboard (the Mac is AZERTY, the PC is standard Japanese 106). No idea how I’d ever solve that. I plugged permanently a lone trackpad to the PC only because it wouldn’t wake up from any USB devices switched during its sleep. Stupid Windows.

I am sitting upright, my arms hurt less, I can use my PC without sitting on the floor… This is better than before!

Looks like a decent chair. My wife bought me a ‘gamer’ chair about 15 years ago that I still use (an AK Racing Octane, but pretty much nothing like the same-named AK Racing Octanes of today). It has been amazingly sturdy, but the hydraulic lift tube gave up the ghost years ago. Finally decided to replace it, so bought a cheap cylinder on amazon.

Spent 3 days trying to get the existing cylinder out. Bought a pipewrench. Bought PB Blaster (a ‘better’ WD-40 for loosening stuff). Bruised and battered, I finally gave up. Apparently 15 years of my big butt in the chair has effectively welded it solid. Slight possibility based on the age of the chair it actually is welded. Had the stench of PB Blaster coming off the chair for weeks (trying to clean that out was a whole other adventure).

Did some minimal research of new chairs and found out gaming chairs aren’t typically all that great, and what you have is actually recommended (or at least that style). Then realized they are freakishly expensive too. So here I sit on my 15 year old gaming chair that can’t lift. Huzzah!

I was quite surprised by the costly prices of computer chairs. Mine cost about 250 bucks, and it was middle-low tier. That much money is twice as much as I had ever put into such a sit - but said sits rarely lasted over a couple of months. I am surprised by the weight of this one : it doesn’t look its part, but it weights about 15 to 20kg, which is 10 times as much as any of my previous chairs.
Another thing, that might be local, but a lot of the chairs I tried weren’t built with working in mind, at least it seemed to me, but more like a way to conceal a bed at work. A lot of models were reclining like business class plane sits.

I had the same issue getting mine to pieces. In the end I bought http://www.chair-saver.com/ as an alternative. Way over priced for a few bits of plastic but it worked. The pieces snapped after a year or so but I duct taped them onto the chair and its still working fine.

Thanks for the info on chair-saver - I think I came across that before. The problem is that my chair isn’t sinking, it is fully sunk and won’t lift at all. I think that defeats the point of chair-saver, sadly. That, and I’ve invested enough in repairs that if I really need a new chair I should just get a new chair! But 15-year butt-mold…